Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Car

MikeMcCrae

Registered
Hi all,

I haven`t posted for a while it`s been a very busy time. Most of you have heard about how much cheaper cars are right now in the US. The down fall is you can`t finance them so cash is needed. Well thanks to haveing an extra house just sitting around and a customer willing to keep paying rent the bank is happy to give me cash so I can go buy a very nice car at a bargain price. I am the proud owner of a really loaded Cadillac STS and I had the benefit of me and a buddy spending a week to take a trip to go get it. I just love this real estate business!

RebeccaBryan

Registered
Congratulations Mike! I plan on doing exactly the same thing in a year or two.

In the meantime, last week I bought a 2005 Dodge Durango (definitely not my dream vehicle) which is what I needed to get me through for the next couple of years.

I did go and test drive 70-80K trucks, but decided that paying cash for a vehicle rather than financing one at this stage was the best way to go as I am still buying real estate, and of course, that`s my priority.

I got a fantasitic deal too! I gave my car to my daughter (which was about 5K in value) and got a fantastic deal only paying 18,900 in total and it`s fully loaded too! The insurance company confirmed a great deal and told me if I would have got it any cheaper they would have been paying me to take it. I knew it too, because I really didn`t care if the salesperson sold it to me for the price I offered him which was 5K under list. I just told him I would go and look elsehwere to get the deal I wanted, and he wouldn`t let me go, immagine that!

I`ve been boasting about what a great deal I made on this liability to all my friends and family. Really the key to making a great deal is never to get emotional about a vehicle purchase as it`s only a chunk of metal. As soon as you`re "in love" you`re at an extreme disadvantage. You have to be willing to walk away.

Anyway, congratulations on your Cadillac STS, I`m on my way to buying a Mazda RX8 Convertable, and have a clear vision that it will happen in the not-to-far future.

Top Bottom