Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Garbage collection in Edmonton

kir

Registered
Are you thinking of increasing fees or rent as a result of the new garbage bins and collection method in Edmonton? Will this work for tenants , especially in main floor and basement settings where the garage is typically very messy. With collection in two week intervals, I"m sure two sets of bins will be required for houses with legal suites. This means extra garbage fees if you have a bigger bin , or opt to have two sets of bins.

I guess there is no options except to work with tenants and even evict them if they can't handle garbage properly.

I hope it works out for my mainfloor/secondary suite rentals, but there will be some moments I'm sure. Any thoughts on how you are going to tackle this?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
What does your lease say? Who pays for it?

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

kir

Registered
Well, all my leases doesn't say anything about garbage, but mostly I pay utilities ( as per leased). However, now with increasing carbon taxes and also garbage fees and extra handling of garbage, I will probably include a separate schedule for proper garbage handling/carbon taxes and new garbage fees.

Often the garbage bins along the alleys is a headache (messy and lots of seniors complain), so now with this new system coming into Edmonton, I'm seeing how to deal with it, but this will be later on this year. So I'm being proactive ...:)

So if you are the landlord with those main floor units, let's all include a new Garbage /Carbon taxes to our leases, when it is feasible to do so!!
IT's substantial, a new set of bin would be close to 50 dollars extra and carbon taxes (increasing in april and more and more in the future), will easily add another 50 bucks... , heat and Electricity increasing more as well!

Top Bottom