Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Kitchen Cabinets

bateman99

Registered
Does anybody know of any wholesale kitchen cabinet/installers in the Edmonton area? I'm looking to put a new kitchen in my basement suite after the old one got destroyed to repair a water leak.
I'm looking to save some money because I've been out of rent for 3 months now.
Thanks.
Stan

KeithnCalgary

Mortgage Associate & REIA
REIN Member
If you join Direct Buy you could get about 63% of kitchen cabinets.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
IKEA or The Home Depot or RONA all have kitchens and trades that you can book through them.

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

Kim8508

London realtor,investor,renovator
Registered
Does anybody know of any wholesale kitchen cabinet/installers in the Edmonton area? I'm looking to put a new kitchen in my basement suite after the old one got destroyed to repair a water leak.
I'm looking to save some money because I've been out of rent for 3 months now.
Thanks.
Stan
I’ve put in over a dozen IKEA kitchens over the past 6 years and overall I’ve been very pleased with design features, quality, cost and convenience of ordering ( their in-house sales people help design and give suggestions at no charge, on their in-house 3D software, which you can access and use yourself on your computer).

I haven’t used their counter tops due to size and shipping/pick up, as we don’t yet have a full store here in London, Ontario (one just announced for 1-2years out yet). I’ve set up a wholesale account with a local countertop manufacturer and get better pricing than buying at Home Depot and such stores. Countertops are a custom sizing/material option that can further enhance a room, and dealing with a manufacturer directly gives me the freedom to choose different levels and features that are much more expensive at a local home store.

One caution...they automatically add on convenience/finishing items to each order, eg soft close door hinges, handles, end panels etc, that you won’t necessarily want to use. Be sure to read over the order sheet once their consultants print it off, before placing your order.

As many spoofs on IKEA seem to highlight, there is a learning curve to installation as you will need to assemble each cabinet yourself...hence time and some frustration until you get in the groove.

They have regular kitchen sales...currently March 5- April 16, 2018. They use to give discount right off the order, now they give you gift cards depending on how much you spend and how many appliances you purchase.

They follow and lead with the latest in kitchen designs/colours/ features and are regular advertisers in Canadian home decor magazines...House and Home..Style at Home. Articles in these magazines feature kitchens completed with their products. Overall, for the price, quality and support, and multi year warranty...I’d recommend at the very least investigating them as an option. I’m a Direct Buy member as well, but I find their product level, cost and much longer lead time, would be something I’d invest in my home or upper level rentals.

Last edited:
Top Bottom