Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New To REIN

Spenny p.

New Forum Member
Registered
Hi everyone,

I have achieved many things that I am proud about. I am a Husband to a very strong/supportig wife. Father to a 2 year old boy, and we are expecting a little girl in November. At the end of the day I end up leaving them to work in the oilfield. I use to invest emotionally, I figured I could take large sums of my capital I could turn it around at higher than above average returns. All it did was prove I wasn't doing my homework. Before my goals were numbers. Not visions. I can literally feel the sun on my face, or hear water washing up on shore. It is taking me alot to come forward to a community and post this but if this is a baby step closer to building myself a strong foundation then i will do what i have to. I have no clue what to expect out of this but I am looking forward to surrounding myself in a network of positivity.

Todays Date: 13-July-2020

My Vision:

My Life In Five

I live in Sherwood Park, Alberta. 20-year-old trees filling out the paths lots of green space, people walking their dogs, friendly neighbourhood. Blue exterior, 2 Story walk out with a finished basement. Facing a green space with a walking path in the back. Big deck that I built with my family for multiple gatherings. Back yard private and good for the kids to roam free. The smell of the Lilac bushes walking through the maintained front yard.

My time spent with Kayla as our little ones will have started school. We will be scheduling as a team, planning our weeks, Goals, Ambitions to show our kids at a young age that they are attainable. Winding down, or Going to the movies, Lunch dates at Coffee Shops, or at Branches in the summer on the patio. Hanging out with other friends more often. Go to Hockey games, Concerts, County Fairs, or just hang out and have our alone time for an hour (daily). Time with friends and family as they are all close in distance. I'm not afraid to have alone time because I am not trying to cram time in before I leave to work for months.

I'm into golfing, Watersports like Wake surfing, Seadooing, Quading, Outdoor hiking, doing building projects at our cabin, Show the kids how to build fun projects. Listening to live music, Going to the theaters with the whole family.

We travel as a family to numerous places to see where we want to buy in the future. Something fun, safe, economically developed enough with a good hospital and schooling system. Would like to take the family to Mexico, Belize, Hawaii, California, Florida, Shuswap's, Vernon, Barbados, Disneyland, visit my Polynesian side of the family in the states and not worry about trying to get back on time for a shift.

I'm healthy heart rate is good, 190-200 lbs, Good Blood pressure, I get my exercise every morning. Gym or outside. We eat healthy as a family.

Music can trigger different aspects of my life. If I'm golfing I like playing country (reminds me of the big guy RIP Ryan) Upbeat music whether its dance music, Heavy metal, Reggae, Rap and the windows are rolled down on a sunny day its uplifting. Winding down with some acoustics. Reading self-help books or books that will help me retain knowledge. I am taking time to read to the kids as well.

Experiences are like every other Father/Husband experience, it's a first time of many for many, but they all feel like the first time. I get to teach my kids how to ride a bike. I get to take them to Disneyland and get family photos with Mickey and Minnie mouse. I get to help them wake up their mom with breakfast in bed and little I love you gifts just to see the look of excitement on all of their faces.

We are doing volunteer work visiting seniors who don't have a family or helping kids who can't get the funds to play the sports they love. My late best buddy Ryan your little girl will always be on my radar and she will always be taken care of. I have a plaque on a bench with Ryan's name on it (RIP) . So, everyone can visit him somewhere. Sit down and have a chat with him.

I have 20 thousand cash flow in passive investments monthly, and a net worth of 1 million.

Thank you to all who took the time to read.

My eyes are open now. Time to get to work.

Spencer Pasi
13-July-2020

IMG_2644.jpg

David Maxwell

Realtor/Real Estate Investor
Staff member
REIN Member
Awesome Spencer! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to you being a REIN member.

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Nice vision.

Where will you work in 5 years? Focus on that, too.

20,000 monthly cash flow is NOT (!!) achievable with only $1M networth. Maybe $2500 (or 30k/yr) assuming a 6% cash on cash return on 500k inverses and a mortgage free 500k house. More is ONLY achievable if you and your wife work - or you inherit $3-4M.

Where’s that job context in the vision, in what jobs that are meaningful to you? Why is this not at all in the vision?

To get $20k/month net cash flow you need at least $4M in invested assets say REITs yielding 6% or rental properties with a similar yield (or higher) but with low to no mortgages, plus your house so $4.5-5M networth. Very doable but not in 5 years most likely.

Last edited:

Martin1968

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
Nice vision.

Where will you work in 5 years? Focus on that, too.

20,000 monthly cash flow a month isn’t a achievable with only $1M networth.

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

Exactly my thoughts. 1Million Net worth is not necessarily cash on hand that is invested. If it is, you would have a return of 24% annually. Net Worth encompasses equity in things like real estate, most likely your primary residence, cabin, cars, boats, golfclubs, porcelain coffee mugs etc......

I don’t mean to be negative, but then again I’m from the non-millennial era, but if I would have lead that lifestyle at age 35 I would have been cash flow and net worth negative.

But for sure, I did enjoy the read........

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Further thoughts on cash flow vs total return in real estate: what is better ?

Real estate is like a three course meal (TM). It has three profit centers: cash-flow (or the appetizer), mortgage paydown (the main course) and equity appreciation through asset improvements and inflationary rental upside (the dessert).

One key question is: how much cash to put down and how much leverage to apply via a mortgage. The more cash down, the higher the cash-flow.

Is this better though ?

https://myreinspace.com/threads/what-is-better-cash-flow-or-higher-roi.26596/

Top Bottom