Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No Desktop Quickbooks for Mac. Alternatives? Suggestions?

Paul Sheremeta

Registered
Hello,

Last night I purchased the 2016 desktop version of Quickbooks.
I was disappointed to discover that the version of Quickbooks I purchased works on Windows only - I have a Mac.
I would like to have the ability to create financial statements for ourselves and for joint venture partners. I would also like to take this opportunity to become more on top of our financials before we acquire more properties.
On more than one occasion, I've been advised to avoid the cloud, or online version of Quickbooks.
I'm not keen to go the bootcamp and Windows on my Mac route either.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Could anyone offer possible solutions? Other software etc.?
Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Paul

Owenb

New Forum Member
Registered
We ran parallels to use quickbooks on our Macs. It worked, but it would be a lot better if everyone would start making their products compatible for the Mac. I don't think I could ever go back to a PC

Darren7055

New Forum Member
Registered
I have been using virtual box for the past 4 years for my business and just recently bought a PC laptop just for quick books because it was always a pain doing up dates. Good luck

BradEarthWide

Registered
Due to the issues you are trying to avoid, the only other option you leave for yourself is to do all your financial entry from a PC, laptop or otherwise. I am currently working with Dube & Cuttini (now BDO) and QuickBooks Online is working great for me with them.

Paul Sheremeta

Registered
I have been using virtual box for the past 4 years for my business and just recently bought a PC laptop just for quick books because it was always a pain doing up dates. Good luck
Thanks for your response Darren.
A laptop is something we have considered as well.
Paul

Paul Sheremeta

Registered
Due to the issues you are trying to avoid, the only other option you leave for yourself is to do all your financial entry from a PC, laptop or otherwise. I am currently working with Dube & Cuttini (now BDO) and QuickBooks Online is working great for me with them.
Thanks for the response Brad.

Paul Sheremeta

Registered
We ran parallels to use quickbooks on our Macs. It worked, but it would be a lot better if everyone would start making their products compatible for the Mac. I don't think I could ever go back to a PC
Hi Owen,
Do you mean parallels and then a version of Windows on your Macs?
Did you have any issues going this route?
Yes, it seems like there is no easy solution - it would be nice if there was a Canadian desktop version of Quickbooks for Mac!
Paul

Owenb

New Forum Member
Registered
Yes the parallels and windows Paul. I had no issues with it, but I just asked my wife who did the actual work. Lets just say her response was awesome. According to Carly, she would never do it that way again, she would buy a cheap pc just for quickbooks.

Paul Sheremeta

Registered
Yes the parallels and windows Paul. I had no issues with it, but I just asked my wife who did the actual work. Lets just say her response was awesome. According to Carly, she would never do it that way again, she would buy a cheap pc just for quickbooks.
Hi Owen,
Your line, "Let's just say her response was awesome" made my wife and I laugh out loud, and it confirmed some of my fears. My own version of PC hell brought me to Mac (It's a long story).
Thanks again - you've been very helpful.
Paul

Owenb

New Forum Member
Registered
I had my versions of pc hell as well. I am a true believer in all things Mac now!

Alvaro Sanchez

Ottawa-Gatineau Investor
Registered
You can buy a new/used PC next to nothing. Install windows 7 and quick books and remote connect to it from your mac or get the quick books online.

Top Bottom