Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Novice, just a novice.

mattrussell

Registered
Hello to REIN members and real estate enthusiasts,

My name is Matt Russell, I`m 21 years old attending the University of Guelph pursuing a Bsc (Hon.) majoring in biological science. I`ll be graduating next spring, hoping to find a career as motivating as I find Real Estate. I anticipate I`m not alone when I express the passion and general excitement that I feel with real estate investment (my early mornings and late nights consist of searching MLS and the classified). I don`t exactly know what it is, but it just gets me motivated and excited to research properties and get out and explore areas! After reading all of Don`s books (and a few others), Rein was kind enough to let me attend their June meeting in Toronto. I loved it, but unfortunately do not have the funds to become a full-time member just yet (although I certainly will). I guess my main question to you all (and I know it has already been asked), is what does someone in my situation do? Obviously my area of study has NOTHING to do with real estate investment, so where should I go from here? I have very little money (full-time student) yet spend all my time completing the "goldmine scorecard" and property analyzer sheets on properties I find in my area KWC.
For the real-estate investors out there, please reach out and suggest possible resolutions to my situation. Is there a way to start pursuing my `personal belize` NOW rather than later. How can I get in contact with successful real estate investors in my area (those which may consider `mentor-ing` me or increasing my severely limited real-life experience)?

Any suggests/comments would be kindly appreciated and I truly admire you all for pursuing such an interesting and neat business.

Kind Regards,

Matt Russell

p.s. Anyone in the KWC area who may be kind enough to mentor me, for some free labour please email me at [email protected]

p.p.s. I wrote my personal belize this spring and found that I want this to be my full-time career (not much to do with science eh?)
I guess that $50,000 education really didn`t do me much good!
style_emoticons

housingrental

Registered
Sure Matt, if you want you can do rental viewings for me in Waterloo.
ohh ya, graduating, getting full time paid employment should help to get the funds needed for a purchase eventually
style_emoticons

QUOTE (mattrussell @ Jun 8 2008, 07:21 PM) Hello to REIN members and real estate enthusiasts,

My name is Matt Russell, I`m 21 years old attending the University of Guelph pursuing a Bsc (Hon.) majoring in biological science. I`ll be graduating next spring, hoping to find a career as motivating as I find Real Estate. I anticipate I`m not alone when I express the passion and general excitement that I feel with real estate investment (my early mornings and late nights consist of searching MLS and the classified). I don`t exactly know what it is, but it just gets me motivated and excited to research properties and get out and explore areas! After reading all of Don`s books (and a few others), Rein was kind enough to let me attend their June meeting in Toronto. I loved it, but unfortunately do not have the funds to become a full-time member just yet (although I certainly will). I guess my main question to you all (and I know it has already been asked), is what does someone in my situation do? Obviously my area of study has NOTHING to do with real estate investment, so where should I go from here? I have very little money (full-time student) yet spend all my time completing the "goldmine scorecard" and property analyzer sheets on properties I find in my area KWC.
For the real-estate investors out there, please reach out and suggest possible resolutions to my situation. Is there a way to start pursuing my `personal belize` NOW rather than later. How can I get in contact with successful real estate investors in my area (those which may consider `mentor-ing` me or increasing my severely limited real-life experience)?

Any suggests/comments would be kindly appreciated and I truly admire you all for pursuing such an interesting and neat business.

Kind Regards,

Matt Russell

p.s. Anyone in the KWC area who may be kind enough to mentor me, for some free labour please email me at [email protected]

p.p.s. I wrote my personal belize this spring and found that I want this to be my full-time career (not much to do with science eh?)
I guess that $50,000 education really didn`t do me much good!
style_emoticons

Nir

REIN Member
Hi Matt,

It`s great you are excited about real estate investments. However, to avoid disappointments, it will be even better if you are realistic & excited:

As a new investor you usually need either income or cash to buy real estate.

When you find a job (sounds like soon..) you will probably be able to purchase your first investment property!

You mentioned you read Don`s book. Don actually recommends you find excitements elsewhere in life, make real estate investments BORING so you do not start playing with a system that works for you. I really like the idea and I know it’s not an easy one in the beginning.

Remember: real estate investments is just the tool to achieve your goals, not the goal itself!

Good luck,
Neil

Top Bottom