Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ontario`s Feed–In Tariff - a Solar Investment?

invst4profit

Registered
If it seems too good to be true it possibly is. I see potential major costs in replacing aging roof coverings with solar panels in place. Probably best to have a metal roof installed first.
I also see the potential for roof leaks as the installation ages and I predict devalued properties in the future as potential buyers in-vision removal, repairs etc of aging systems.

It`s not a good idea in my opinion to put any type of holes in a roof system and expect that time will not take it`s toll.
Imagine having to chase down numerous roof leaks every year as a result of the hundreds of aging attachment points.

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (invst4profit @ Oct 16 2010, 04:56 PM) If it seems too good to be true it possibly is. I see potential major costs in replacing aging roof coverings with solar panels in place. Probably best to have a metal roof installed first.
I also see the potential for roof leaks as the installation ages and I predict devalued properties in the future as potential buyers in-vision removal, repairs etc of aging systems.

It`s not a good idea in my opinion to put any type of holes in a roof system and expect that time will not take it`s toll.
Imagine having to chase down numerous roof leaks every year as a result of the hundreds of aging attachment points.

I work for a company that manufactures greenhouses (Westbrook Systems) and I personally have delivered a number of structures to Sun Harvester Solar. They mount the solar panels on free standing structures which are basically posts in concrete bases with trusses, essentially a greenhouse structure without a roof, walls, or gutters, simple to construct and very durable, when the panels deteriorate or need to be upgraded they simply replace them.
All great ideas except Ontario hydro users will be paying for the subsidies via increased rates.

Top Bottom