Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Options to fix Cracking Cinder block outside?

eddyb1978

Registered
Hello REIN Friends....

there is a small perimeter made of cinder blocks outside my condo townhouse to accommodate for some flowers and plants etc...

The cinder blocks are cracking terribly because they are exposed to the element and water etc... there was parging done before and now the cinder blocks are cracking again and some parging (concrete) is even coming off!!

I am thinking of researching options for an exterior paint membrane to paint-seal the cinder blocks and provide some waterproofing and tenacity against the elements??? i hear that there are products out there!

Thoughts? Ideas? Solutions?

Thanks,
Eddy

ibuildstuff

Registered
I would remove the cinderblock & replace with a material that won`t crack due to moisture/freeze cycles. Also remember that planters such as this against foundations do not allow water to properly drain away from the foundation and are bound to cause leaks in your basement at some point. If you wish to maintain a planter, ensure you have proper drainage.

Top Bottom