Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Payroll Software

orei

Registered
This topic is a slight deviation from the RE focus, but I think someone will have some experience with this.

Does anyone have any recommendations for payroll software/web-apps? I am currently looking through a number of different options and was curios if anyone here has experience that I could draw on. I`d appreciate if you could highlight why you love/hate the one you use/used.

Thanks!

MarkHealy

Registered
Orei

I use Paywork.ca for three of my businesses, with employees from 7 to 35
They offer 3 type/level of service - they run the payroll with you sending the data, you run it online, or you run it in house and upload it.
They deposit by EFT or mail you cheques for a fee
The payroll needs to be run 3 days in advance and they take the money directly from your bank account
It`s good and bad. Bad you pay early, good you don`t have to set up what I have found to be virtual lines of credit to allow payrolls to be run through some banks
They remit to CRA and produce your T4`s (which I love)
They have a great service/support centre in Winnipeg, easy to use
They also remind me if I haven`t run the payroll in time, which is helpful with the online version when you are out of the country and need to do it
Price isn`t to bad 20 -30 a payroll (I was paying 25 per time at Scotia just to have the EFT not even any payroll function)
I`ve used them for 4 years and have never had a problem with them (some problems mostly my own causing - crashed hard drive)
There are probably other good services out there but this one works well for me

Mark

Top Bottom