Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pet-friendly short-term furnished rentals - Edmonton

Nicola

Registered
Hello,

Does anyone have (or know of) a pet-friendly short-term rental (probably one week, maybe two) in Edmonton. It is for a couple, their three kids and a small dog (Scottish terrier).

They are our tenants and we need to find a place for them while we have some work done on their townhouse.

Thank you!

Nicola

invst4profit

Registered
How extensive is the reno work that you intend to do. Generally home owners live around the work if it is only for a couple of weeks.

I would either offer a rent rebate to compensate for the inconvenience or put them up in a motel that offers weekly rates.

Nicola

Registered
It is asbestos remediation so they have to leave, unfortunately.

invst4profit

Registered
Asbestos is not a health issue in homes unless it is disturbed, such as during renovation work, so why not simply leave it alone until you are between tenants.

Have you been ordered by the ministry of health to remove it for some reason ?

Nicola

Registered
Ice damming on the roof --> water damage inside --> disturbed asbestos

Alberta requires it removed before restoration work can be done.

(It's very expensive!!!)

invst4profit

Registered
That is unfortunate. If there is no way to divide off the living space during removal it looks like you don't have many options.

Probably your best option will be a motel with weekly rates. It's not perfect but if your tenants do not have friends or relatives to stay with a motel may be your best/only option.

If they do then you only need to provide them the equivalent of a weekly rent rebate. If they are happy tenants and wish to stay with you then that should be more than enough compensation.

Good tenants are usually easy to please while less desirable tenants are better gotten rid of when opportunities like this arise.

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
I have a short-term, furnished rental, but I can't allow dogs. Perhaps the dog could stay in a kennel for a couple of weeks.

Nicola

Registered
Hi Sherilynn,

Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me what you charge (daily/weekly?) and what part of Edmonton it's in? Any other charges (like cleaning fees?)

Would it fit 2 adults and 3 children?

Thanks,

Nicola

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
The suite is on the west end.

It is only a two bedroom condo, but it has a single over double bunk bed in the second bedroom.

We collect a security deposit and deduct cleaning (including laundry fees for linens) if necessary.

Top Bottom