Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Port Coquitlam Detached house with secondary suite

hartie

Registered
I`m looking at a place in Port Coquitlam that is cash flow positive (I have run lots of scenarios and done a sensitivity test) and have done a lot of research into the house, current tenants etc. Assuming all of that is fine, does anyone have any comments with respect to investing in Port Coquitlam specifically? This house is North of the Lougheed highway and close to schools, parks, shopping, is on a bus route etc.

Any feedback as an investment opportunity would be appreciated. This is a buy and hold with no plans to sell for at least 10 years.

Thanks

RisingWealth

Registered
QUOTE (hartie @ Sep 26 2009, 06:54 PM) I`m looking at a place in Port Coquitlam that is cash flow positive (I have run lots of scenarios and done a sensitivity test) and have done a lot of research into the house, current tenants etc. Assuming all of that is fine, does anyone have any comments with respect to investing in Port Coquitlam specifically? This house is North of the Lougheed highway and close to schools, parks, shopping, is on a bus route etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated. This is a buy and hold with no plans to sell for at least 10 years.

Thanks

It`s hard to believe that you found something that cash flows in POCO, however, having extensive personal experience with POCO I`m of the opinion that POCO has stronger potential than that of Maple Ridge, of which I also have much experience. If this place is close to Prairie, Coast Meridian, or Oxford, the commuting is a snap. This city has lots of upside and I would still be there if I could afford it. The north side is considered more desirable by many but with the overpass completed that may change.
best of luck,

Mark

luckyluciano

Registered
QUOTE (hartie @ Sep 26 2009, 09:54 PM) I`m looking at a place in Port Coquitlam that is cash flow positive (I have run lots of scenarios and done a sensitivity test) and have done a lot of research into the house, current tenants etc. Assuming all of that is fine, does anyone have any comments with respect to investing in Port Coquitlam specifically? This house is North of the Lougheed highway and close to schools, parks, shopping, is on a bus route etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated. This is a buy and hold with no plans to sell for at least 10 years.

Thanks

Does that secondary suite meet the by-laws and the fire-codes?

Top Bottom