Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Private Investment Club feedback?

donksky

Registered
I don`t know how but I`ve got solicitations to attend 1st meeting free from this club. same website name with ".ca" Does anyone know about it or have any opinions on this real estate club?

Mike Milovick

Registered
QUOTE (donksky @ Jan 25 2009, 03:09 PM) I don`t know how but I`ve got solicitations to attend 1st meeting free from this club. same website name with ".ca" Does anyone know about it or have any opinions on this real estate club?

Yes. They own 7 buildings in Sudbury and Cornwall producing $3200 monthly cash flow. I met a member from the group about three weeks ago at my apartment manager`s association meeting (www.WRAMA.com). The gentleman that I met considers himself to be a real estate expert. He`s about 28 or so if I remember correctly.

In my discussion with him, I was troubled by the fact that he is a strong proponent of flippers (of which I am not a believer in due to high risk associated with future market conditions).

In my market, Waterloo, very few deals are done with seller financing - at present - and he said he bought most of his properties with little or no down. I think I unnerved him because I immediately said that he hadn`t bought anything in Waterloo. And he agreed.

His principals do not seem to be aligned with REIN`s, in my opinion.

As NFL Football fan and Buffalo Bills season ticket holder, I was disturbed by the fact that he would plan an investment club meeting on Super Bowl Sunday - but was perhaps more disturbed by the fact that when I told him it was Super Bowl Sunday he had no clue whatsoever as to what I was talking about

Nir

REIN Member
One of the funniest feedbacks ever provided on an investor`s performance. thanks for sharing Mike

markl

Registered
Very good Mike I like it.

I guess those who will be there will be serious investors though. But possibly a few Buffalo fans who just had their hopes and dreams dashed

AndyLuchies

Registered
I also keep getting offers for a free seminar by them (in hamilton area) but I think I signed up after going to a Rich Dad event, haha (gotta cover all the bases, right? ). I sympathize with Mike on this one, but as a sports fanatic with a dad from Ontario who still thinks the Blue Jays are a hockey team, I can also sympathize with the other guy.

I`m interested to see what others say on this, but my suspicion is that if its free, it can`t be that bad--especially since laughing at how accurately Don Campbell joked about "only 5 packages remaining at the back, so act quickly...." at QuickStart, I don`t think I`ll be roped into anything too soon anyways.

AndyLuchies

Registered
Oh, also, they claim to be the largest RE organization in the country... with ~1000 members or something. If I go, I`ll be sure to point out their error.

Bipinn

Registered
If anyone of you can give some names associated with this club,i may be in a position to comment
Bipinn

ekisielewski

Registered
QUOTE (MikeMilovick @ Jan 25 2009, 10:55 PM) Yes. They own 7 buildings in Sudbury and Cornwall producing $3200 monthly cash flow. I met a member from the group about three weeks ago at my apartment manager`s association meeting (www.WRAMA.com). The gentleman that I met considers himself to be a real estate expert. He`s about 28 or so if I remember correctly.

In my discussion with him, I was troubled by the fact that he is a strong proponent of flippers (of which I am not a believer in due to high risk associated with future market conditions).

In my market, Waterloo, very few deals are done with seller financing - at present - and he said he bought most of his properties with little or no down. I think I unnerved him because I immediately said that he hadn`t bought anything in Waterloo. And he agreed.

His principals do not seem to be aligned with REIN`s, in my opinion.

As NFL Football fan and Buffalo Bills season ticket holder, I was disturbed by the fact that he would plan an investment club meeting on Super Bowl Sunday - but was perhaps more disturbed by the fact that when I told him it was Super Bowl Sunday he had no clue whatsoever as to what I was talking about

Hi Mike: I wonder if you are talking about the same company. I was under the impression that Private Invstment Club (PIC) does not own properties as a company. They JV and present investors with opportunities.

Elisabet
Oakville

donksky

Registered
I think they`re associated with Tulsani - the same president. I heard an interview with the KWC president Steve something last Sunday at 1:10 PM I think AM 570(?) -- he said they were about $800 for 14 months but were having a special of $495 and they don`t invest in anything that`s not at least returning 30% (which doesn`t mean a thing unless you know what down payment is...?) He`s mentioned an offshore group investment so I don`t know if they try to sell you JVs as well but he does sound aggressive in some strategies although he was very sensible in the interview at a show called "Ask an Expert"

Nir

REIN Member
I received numerous invitations from them and other organizations to invest in different things and places.

Why in the world should a REIN member or REIN forum participant with knowledge pay others to invest for him/her!?

AndyLuchies

Registered
QUOTE (investmart @ Jan 28 2009, 12:36 AM) I received numerous invitations from them and other organizations to invest in different things and places.

Why in the world should a REIN member or REIN forum participant with knowledge pay others to invest for him/her!?

so I`ve gotten a bunch of invites, is it worth my time or are they basically just looking for money partners for JVs??
(could be a good place to show up and steal some JV money partners from them, haha.)

Mike Milovick

Registered
QUOTE (donksky @ Jan 27 2009, 01:28 PM) I think they`re associated with Tulsani - the same president. I heard an interview with the KWC president Steve something last Sunday at 1:10 PM I think AM 570(?) -- he said they were about $800 for 14 months but were having a special of $495 and they don`t invest in anything that`s not at least returning 30% (which doesn`t mean a thing unless you know what down payment is...?) He`s mentioned an offshore group investment so I don`t know if they try to sell you JVs as well but he does sound aggressive in some strategies although he was very sensible in the interview at a show called "Ask an Expert"

"Steve" was the guy I met. His e-mail bounced when I tried to follow up with him.

markl

Registered
Did anybody go or did everybody watch the super bowl like I did?

robertmcilwrath

Registered
I went to kitchener meeting and made it home for the last 3 qtrs
yes they advertise 30 roi but that is projected no actuals that i have heard of.

Mike Milovick

Registered
QUOTE (markl @ Feb 2 2009, 08:37 AM) Did anybody go or did everybody watch the super bowl like I did?

Super Bowl for me. I don`t know what Private Investment Club was packing - but I am willing to bet it was no where near as exciting.

AndyLuchies

Registered
The superbowl is WAY better than Real Estate. PROOF: I would rather get rich watching football, than get rich investing in RE...unfortunately, I haven`t found a way to get paid to watch football. Excellent game, best one in years..except for the last play, they should`ve gone upstairs to confirm the fumble...

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (jessandy @ Feb 7 2009, 08:17 AM) ...unfortunately, I haven`t found a way to get paid to watch football.

Talk to Mike Milovick, he`s got that one covered!

Top Bottom