Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Property Information binder??

schierau1

REIN Member
Wondering if anyone has a system they use, perhaps in binder format or computer folders that tracks everything on their property, including paint codes, filter sizes, mortgage and JV info, financials...basically everything I would want to quickly reference to find anything about my properties, particularly if someone else (like a spouse) needs to know how to find this stuff...

2shoes

Registered
One of the REIN books suggests a system of 4 coloured folders (legal size) which I currently use for all properties.

Green - receipts

Red - tenant info

Yellow - property info

Blue - legal

I have added a 5th

white - mortgage info

I empty the green folder every year and give the receipts to my accountant, then start again for the new year.

The yellow folder contains my paint chips, appliance and warranty info, smoke alarms with date of installation and battery type, property keys, etc.

It's not fancy, but it works well.

Mark

dpeacock

Registered
I use the REIN 4 colour file system as well. With a four drawer filing cabinet. I think you can find the system setup instructions on the Rein site. It works well for us.

kfort

Registered
Exel spreadsheet. Add all your required info. Save in Dropbox and access from anywhere. Add a reminder in google calendar or whatever scheduler app you use for renewals of mortgage , insurance, and lease.

I find it handy to add contact info to categories such as mortgage insurance tenant. I also have SOME of this stored on my phone as a "contact" so if I ever need to pass info to my handyman I simply forward it via text.

Also, start standardizing your regular maintenance items such as paint colour, carpet, knobs /pulls, taps, and whatever else you find you're purchasing regularly. Your life will get easier, and if that's not the goal it bloody well should be.

MonicaPaslawski

REIN Member
Hi,

I use the REIN 4-colour system as well and it works really well for me.

I have added the exact system into my dropbox under my "Properties" Folder. Each Property then has its four "colour coded" files electronically. The dropbox folder doesn't have all the info that the "hard" folders do, but anything that I have electronic goes into both spots - like mortgage and lease docs - into appropriate electronic folders.

Makes my filing and retrieval of info very easy from my office or elsewhere.

Taking the time needed to get this paper organized is well worth the effort :)

Top Bottom