Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Proving my wife wrong…

DaveL

Registered
I convinced my wife that I `needed` an iPad in order to grow my real estate business. Of course she didn`t really believe me knowing that I am a bit of a gadget guy and figured I would use it just for games etc` Well I sure proved her wrong when we went camping with friends and family last week up in Shuswap. I came across a house I wanted to write an offer on. So I contacted my realtor to have him go take a peek for me since I was on vacation and sure enough it fit my system. Conveniently my JV partner happened to be camping with us. While sitting by the fire staring out at the lake I would receive counter offers and be able to provide my JV partner presentations as well as sign offers using a great app called Good Reader. It allows you to annotate PDF documents so I would just have JV partner sign in all the right spots and then email it off to my realtor. We ended up closing the whole deal never leaving the camp site! It turned out to be a great conversation piece and I was able to share all about my business of real estate investing with the others camping with us! And here my wife didn`t think I needed an iPad` J

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
great story .. I'll download that app immediately !

btw: is there a marsh mellow app too ?

DaveL

Registered
Thomas I believe you are looking for iSmores ;)

I also use LogMeIn app it's worth every penny. It lets you remotely control your computer from anywhere

RedlineBrett

Registered
That is a great story and I'm going to get those two apps immediately as well. Just got my Ipad.

The unfortunate thing though is that technology like that makes it very difficult to get away from work!

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=RedlineBrett] two apps Which is the 2nd [the first being Good reader] ?

R

RussellWestcott

Don't get me started on the 'gadgets' conversation... Great story Dave.

Bit off topic talking about gadgets... I love this skit by the 2 Ronnies talking about the latest technology. (I guess they might have to update it soon)

RedlineBrett

Registered
[quote user=ThomasBeyer][quote user=RedlineBrett] two apps Which is the 2nd [the first being Good reader] ?

Logmein where you can log in to your desktop PC remotely from your ipad and use it as though you were there. Probably some interface issues but if you had to check an old email or something that would be fine.

DaveL

Registered
They also offer a free version that works awesome for PC to PC. I use it all the time at work when I need something from my home PC.

DenisEncontre

Registered
My Bookkeeper uses Logmein to access my books remotely instead of driving to my office. She loves it.

GaryMcGowan

Registered
A simalar app to logmein is Team Viewer

Works on MAC and PC. I can use it on my iPhone and it is free. You can also host presentations (webinars) and a number other great functions.

dplummer

Registered
Great post! Glad you got the deal. Not sure if proving the wife wrong in public is a good idea :>)

Doug

Top Bottom