QUEBEC Real Estate after Liberal Majority win?

Like anywhere else real estate values will follow in-migration, jobs and transportation improvements. As such rural Quebec will likely stay weak to declining, and flat overall until significant changes will materialize for new jobs and increased investment. Montreal will remain attractive if you can work around/with the local Mafia, unions and tenant-friendly landlord-tenant act. Like any market, there is no average "Quebec" real estate market, as Montreal will move differently than Quebec City than Ottawa suburbs than rural Quebec. You need deep local knowledge to know where there is growing demand. I suspect Montreal & area will be decent, the rest I would be cautious. I will visit this fall and have a look around, but likely more as a tourist than a real estate investor.

Anyone wants to give me a tour ?

Vive le Quebec - En Canada Libre !

smmcguire

Registered
Jan 7, 2008
You are correct in your views, and yes, Montreal is still growing, at a slow pace currently. I see through the corridor from Montreal to Quebec city new rental buildings going up, however they are usually under 10 units in size and probably builders not seeing any profit from single family and are moving into this area for the time being.