Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Question for experienced Rein investors

coinebro

Registered
I have known about Rein for 1 1/2 years and have recently started looking at the forum. I have been investing full time for 3 years, mainly flips and new houses. I see there are many new people joining rein, but there are a couple of questions I want to ask the experienced people:

1. Do you find many of your investor through REIN?
2. Would you still recommend it? if so, can you give me a few reasonswhy.
3. can you present deals at your meetings? I have been to Preig in Toronto and many other meetings and they have the same speakers trying to sell their wares. They used to have a time when you could get up and present deals, but now they only seem to allow their chosen few.
4. Do you have a qualification process to present deals, so the other members are not having to listen to deals that in actuality are not deals, but money losing investments?

I guess where I am coming from is I am not interested in wasting my money, so I would like to hear from some experienced investors. I would welcome a comment from Mr. Campbell as well.

By the way, I live in Northern BC, so if a person cannot attend the meetings does that change your opinion of membership benfits?

ekisielewski

Registered
QUOTE (coinebro @ Jul 23 2008, 09:44 PM) I have known about Rein for 1 1/2 years and have recently started looking at the forum. I have been investing full time for 3 years, mainly flips and new houses. I see there are many new people joining rein, but there are a couple of questions I want to ask the experienced people:

3. can you present deals at your meetings? I have been to Preig in Toronto and many other meetings and they have the same speakers trying to sell their wares. They used to have a time when you could get up and present deals, but now they only seem to allow their chosen few.
4. Do you have a qualification process to present deals, so the other members are not having to listen to deals that in actuality are not deals, but money losing investments?

I guess where I am coming from is I am not interested in wasting my money, so I would like to hear from some experienced investors. I would welcome a comment from Mr. Campbell as well.

By the way, I live in Northern BC, so if a person cannot attend the meetings does that change your opinion of membership benfits?

Hi: The main purpose of Rein is to educate you, to provide you with the tools required to be a knowledgable and successful investor.
You will learn tons from networking and personal experiences.
Some Rein members find investor wihin the membership but I feel if that is your goal it may not be the best decision.
Good Luck!
Elisabet

TylerUzelman

REIN Member
QUOTE (coinebro @ Jul 23 2008, 10:44 PM) I have known about Rein for 1 1/2 years and have recently started looking at the forum. I have been investing full time for 3 years, mainly flips and new houses. I see there are many new people joining rein, but there are a couple of questions I want to ask the experienced people:

Hello,

I would like to add my thoughts to your questions...

I have been a REIN member since Oct 2003, almost 5 years now. I started out with 2 friends investing in real estate a year prior, doing some flips and trying to learn the "real estate ropes". We purchased 2 properties in that year before finding REIN. We joined REIN, and for the first few months were sceptical...does this work, what are they not telling us...etc. Once we really got to know the group and the especially the leadership of the group, we were blown away. REIN allowed us to meet like minded investors that have walked the path that we were on, get to know them, ask them questions, etc. REIN gave us incredible amounts of information, even today we still attend the meetings and learn things. The networking we`ve done has brought us many investors that were REIN members, as well as deals, contacts, contractors, etc. In our first year of REIN we purchased 20 properties, some from other members. We are big advocates of REIN.

As for your questions:
1.)Yes, you can find many investors through REIN. Many members are there for information, and have capital. They are looking for partners who will do the work side of things.
2.)Yes, I would still recommend it. After 5 years we are still members because of the relationships, networking, and information.
3.)Yes you can present deals at meetings in several fashions, at the mic or you can put flyers on the table in the lobby.
4.)There is no qualification process, what is a deal to you may not be to someone else, and vise versa.

Final Thought.
You are planning on investing in real estate. Properties worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, portfolios worth millions. Wouldn`t you want to invest in making sure you are doing things right? I don`t know any other place where for a reasonable monthly fee you can have the access to the expertise, knowledge, systems and people that REIN has.
How much do doctors spend on their education? Most REIN members that I know, and now consider friends, have had their net worths go up more than most doctors I know.
This is YOUR financial future, invest in it!!
Invest the money, it is very much worth it!!!!

What would it take you to attend the meetings? Every month, 2nd month, quarterly, big events...?

Hope this helps,

coinebro

Registered
Thank you Tyler. I have been investing for 5 years now as well and have done quite well. You answereed the question that I had most on my mind. I enjoy talking with other investors, but I want to be able to network with investors who are even more experienced than I. I know most new investors rave about REIN, but I wanted to hear from some experienced people, so again thank you for your answer.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (coinebro @ Jul 23 2008, 10:44 PM) I have known about Rein for 1 1/2 years and have recently started looking at the forum. I have been investing full time for 3 years, mainly flips and new houses. I see there are many new people joining rein, but there are a couple of questions I want to ask the experienced people:

you advertise your story .. but most REIN members are looking to do their own deals .. so it is not a great venue to find pure money partners !
QUOTE (coinebro @ Jul 23 2008, 10:44 PM) 2. Would you still recommend it? if so, can you give me a few reasons why.
to educate you. You need there ingredients in a real estate deal: time, expertise and money. REIN helps with expertise and also with expertise to find JV partners outside of REIN !
QUOTE (coinebro @ Jul 23 2008, 10:44 PM) 3. can you present deals at your meetings? I have been to Preig in Toronto and many other meetings and they have the same speakers trying to sell their wares. They used to have a time when you could get up and present deals, but now they only seem to allow their chosen few.
There used to be a one minute infomercial slot .. which got dropped for some unknown reason .. but you can use this forum to advertise in the classified section !
QUOTE (coinebro @ Jul 23 2008, 10:44 PM) 4. Do you have a qualification process to present deals, so the other members are not having to listen to deals that in actuality are not deals, but money losing investments?
no real vetting .. but spamming / selling stuff other than real estate is not allowed in this here forum !
QUOTE (coinebro @ Jul 23 2008, 10:44 PM) I guess where I am coming from is I am not interested in wasting my money, so I would like to hear from some experienced investors. I would welcome a comment from Mr. Campbell as well.

Key benefits: education + networking !! .. Living in Northern BC is a disadvantage to attend .. but an advantage to find deal in your neighborhood !

[quote name=`coinebro` date=`Jul 23 2008, 10:44 PM` post=`29606`]

Top Bottom