Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Questions regarding Membership to current REIN members

Stephane

Registered
This is the year where I decided that my life is changing and that I need to stop doing things I used to do and try to "get out of my comfort zone" to become wealthy. However, I still can't justify spending that much money on a membership. As a matter of fact, I'm about to purchase a unit for myself (no choice here) and that $3300 will go towards this.

Having said that, I'm starting to think it could be very good for me, but I don't know how good. If I have very little capital to move forward, how is the membership benefiting me?

Will the membership mentoring programme also help finding funds to move forward?

It was stated that if you don't plan on being active in the year of your membership, there is no point in joining, which bring back the money issue.

I am very motivated, and I already purchased a rental property. I read, and re-read 3 of Don's books.

Should I wait another year before I join? (might be some conflict of interest here)

Any members who were in a similar situation?

I know I would greatly benefit from a mentor.

I live in Abbotsford, BC

Any, and I mean ANY, kind of input will be greatly appreciated.

StÃphane

re_investingATme.com

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=Stephane]If I have very little capital to move forward, how is the membership benefiting me?

Will the membership mentoring programme also help finding funds to move forward?
Knowledge always helps.

Being surrounded by like-minded and motivated people also helps.

As such a REIN membership is very beneficial as it teaches you the essentials and propels you to act, and then helps you to improve your systems and continue acting.

However, if you honestly do not have funds to invest, nor have people close to you with money (Grandma, dad, richer brother, aunt Josephine ...) then you should not yet join. Make some money first, then join perhaps in a year or two.

If you have people around that might consider co-investing with you then of course a REIN membership will help you solidify your knowledge and your ability to attract such capital.

I have a post here on myREINspace on 5 ways to make money, and path one is to work in a field you love at a better and better paying profession. The other paths, like investing your own money and time and money of others, can be added over time and assume path one is in ship-shape. Is it ?

Stephane

Registered
Thanks, Thomas

I read it already, and I'm at stage 3. I also contacted your firm and waiting for the phone call. Thanks for your honest opinion and suggestion.

StÃphane

JimWhitelaw

Registered
Keep reading, keep learning. Check out this list of books popular with the REIN community. Consider doing the ACRE program via home study. (It was a bit out of date when I bought it a few years ago; I don't know if it's been updated or not. Regardless, the fundamental principles don't change). A REIN membership isn't wasted money, but you might find another group you could join for free that will offer support and mentorship. Meetup.com lists many groups near you.

Top Bottom