Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick Turn Pro`s

EdRenkema

Registered
So all you quick turn pros that have vehicle wraps: how many actual deals have you gotten from the vehicle signs?
What sort of trigger words do you use?
Would you recommend it as income generating or is it just sort of visual promotion?
Cost? I`m guessing between $200 and $500?

L

lanedry77

Ed,
QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Nov 20 2010, 07:29 PM) So all you quick turn pros that have vehicle wraps: how many actual deals have you gotten from the vehicle signs?
Zero deals stemming directly from a lead that started with the car.

QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Nov 20 2010, 07:29 PM) What sort of trigger words do you use?
"We Buy Houses"

QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Nov 20 2010, 07:29 PM) Would you recommend it as income generating or is it just sort of visual promotion?

Clearly, it hasn`t generated any direct deals, so it`s definitely not income generating.
QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Nov 20 2010, 07:29 PM) Cost? I`m guessing between $200 and $500?
I have a full wrap, as you`ve seen. This costs around $2,000 plus the cost of creating the graphics, which you can count on an extra $1,000 for a full wrap.

If you wanted just die-cut letters that say `I buy houses` and a phone number, $200 - $500 would be about right.

So, given this info ($3,000 in and no deals to show for it), it would seem the wrap is a bad idea... And while there`s been no deals resulting directly from the wrap, the car sure does add credibility when I pull up to negotiate on a house. There`s no way someone would wrap their car like mine unless they were 100% committed to the business.

in other words, it show my commitment to the business, and it`s impossible to know how many deals were a result of the scales being tipped slightly in my favour by having the wrap.

Is it cheap? No.

Is it effective? tough to say.

Would I do it again? probably.

Thanks,

David.

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (DavidSandbrand @ Nov 21 2010, 12:29 PM) Clearly, it hasn`t generated any direct deals, so it`s definitely not income generating.

I have a full wrap, as you`ve seen. This costs around $2,000 plus the cost of creating the graphics, which you can count on an extra $1,000 for a full wrap.

If you wanted just die-cut letters that say `I buy houses` and a phone number, $200 - $500 would be about right.
Ouch!
Having an 11 yr old vehicle I`d go with the simple lettering, the full wrap could be worth more than the vehicle...

Hoping some others will chime in on this one.

JohnSoucie

REIN Member
QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Nov 22 2010, 12:20 PM) Ouch!
Having an 11 yr old vehicle I`d go with the simple lettering, the full wrap could be worth more than the vehicle...

Hoping some others will chime in on this one.

Another low cost option is to get the largest magnetic door signs...something like $45/pair or even way cheaper. Check out VistaPrint deals. One set probably isn`t measurable. The idea is to get them on a whole bunch of cars...other peoples cars! Students are a good candidate. You offer them some gas money every month to have them on, make sure they know they have to park in the open and then pay them a commission($500?) if you buy a house based on the buyer identifying their car. Also be careful....you don`t want any "wild" students in beaters doing crazy things in their car with your signs on it
Anyone that needs extra cash will do. Over time the impression will become that you have a "fleet" of cars tooling around town!

John

TerryKruse

Registered
I made $10,000 because of the decals on my husband Mark`s vehicle. A person in our neighbourhood saw his truck at the Safeway.
The couple had talked about possibly selling some time in the future but thought this was a "sign" when they saw the vehicle.

I also got other calls that I know came directly from my vehicle.

I was able to create the artwork myself as I am a graphic designer. The decal artwork only cost me $400 including installation for each vehicle. They covered 2/3 of each side and the rear.

I have since removed them as we are pursuing other interests right now, but they did come off - this wasn`t easy though.

While on the subject of advertising, one of the other things I did a few months ago, was to put my IBuyCalgaryHomes.com on Google places. I haven`t done any advertising for quite a while, we removed the decals, and I still get calls every week from this. I keep it up because you never know, there might be one that I can`t pass up.... and it doesn`t cost anything!

So I would recommend it, but it is best if you are committed. I don`t regret it.

Terry

neill

Airdrie, AB
REIN Member
Hi Ed - we have had friends stay with us in Airdrie (403 Area code 15 min N of Calgary) with 780 (northern AB) number on their vehicle, and they have had two calls in three visits....

We will do up Lynda`s lastest acquisition - a Toyota Rav4 that came in on trade where I work - we did not do her existing MDX because:
1) We could not get the correct template from our lettering contact (they had the old style pictured in our proofs and could not fix it)
2) The car did not stay in our possession long enough after we re-dialed up the business. (at six months, we turn them - know anyone looking for a low-km Acura SUV?
)

If you are looking for a contact in your area, see your local dealer and find out who does their pin-striping - my local guy does great work and he can die-cut letters for less $ than I have found anywhere else....

Top Bottom