Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick Turn Real Estate Obstacles!

tonypeters

Registered
I have noticed (based on some of the posts), that quite a few people have yet to experience the type of "IMMEDIATE" results they had hoped for after graduating from Ron LeGrand`s "Quick Turn" Real Estate seminar.I have to be honest (because that`s the ONLY way to be), I am not totally surprised! WHY? Because it took time, and it took a lot of "trial and error" before we were able to figure out what strategies would work BEST in our (Canadian) market. Fact is, Canadians are a lot different than our friendly neighbors to the south. We are far more "conservative" and we are far more "cautious" in the way we go about doing things. As a result, what may work somewhere else, may not necessarily work as well here. Please do not take these comments out of context, because I am NOT suggesting what Ron teaches will NOT work here, all I am suggesting is you have to be FULLY prepared to be in this thing for "the long haul" and that you are FULLY prepared to "adapt"…that`s all! I can GUARANTEE you this: If you DON"T adapt, there is a good chance you WILL become a DINOSOUR! And we all know what happened to them!

So how do you think I know this?
I graduated from Ron`s initial seminar in June of 2003. I did not STOP there, as I attended a number of his seminars in both Vegas and Atlanta. I probably invested a total of about $20k (plus) after all was said and done. Notice how I used the term "invested"? Because that`s the way I viewed it at the time. After the Edmonton seminar in 2003, there were all kinds of "We Buy Houses" and "I Buy Houses" signs all over town. However, since that time there are only a handful of players that still exist! However, that was BEFORE his last boot camp, so I am sure that stat will change pretty soon!

So WHY was there only a handful of us left?
Because most people just…"GAVE-UP!"

What a WASTE
of a ($5,000) EDUCATION! Because that`s what the Edmonton seminar cost me!

Giving up was NOT and, has NEVER been an option for us
, so we adjusted and tweaked our strategies from the things we had learned along the way. It`s okay to make MISTAKES! In fact, if you DON`T make ANY MISTAKES you are probably not DOING ANYTHING! As a result of all of the mistakes we made, and all of the "REAL LIFE" seminars that we have attended over the years, we adapted and made adjustments to our "Buying" and "Selling" (Lease To Own) Systems.

This is one of the reasons
WHY
I previously cautioned seminar grads from "charging ahead" too quickly! Because we had already travelled the exact same path, all those years ago!

However
, It was actually a "good thing" that we did not have IMMEDIATE SUCCESS!

WHY?
Because we had to become even MORE CREATIVE! And by doing so, we have since developed many "creative" and "unique" Buying and Selling strategies of our own! We have, and we continue to buy houses with…NO MONEY DOWN! This is one of the reasons WHY we were able to survive. We now have MANY "creative" strategies that we employ. I have always said, by having a number of "creative" strategies in my Real Estate Investing tool pouch, I have the ability to create a deal out of just about ANY situation!

With the RIGHT training and the RIGHT mindset…
YOU CAN do it too!

So what is the BIGGEST
piece of advice I can offer anyone that is travelling down this path: If something does not work the first time around, do NOT give up! You MUST try, try and try again until you find something that DOES work! If you try something enough times, it has no choice but to work! Doesn`t it?Remember what I said earlier about having to "adapt". This is not something that you "MAY" have to do! It is something that you "WILL" have to do! So you may as well get used to this idea!You may have already heard me say this before: "In order to be truly successful, you MUST be fully prepared to pay the price! The price comes in many different forms. It can be Emotional, it can be Mental, it can be Physical and it can be Financial!"

Are you "PREPARED"
to…PAY the PRICE? If you are NOT, my advice to you would be to not waste your time and energy with this, and move on to something else that you are fully prepared to commit too!

WHY?
Because if you want to be truly successful at ANYTHING in life, you have to be committed 100%!

I hope that I have NOT
offended anyone here, as this is NOT the intent of this post. Anyone that has come to know me, already knows that I like to be "brutally honest, and tell it just the way it is!"
The TRUTH can sometimes hurt,
but it is sometimes…the BEST medicine!

For those of you that are FULLY prepared
to…"Pay the Price", you must stay focused and be persistent and you WILL achieve…GREAT SUCCESS!!

Wishing You Life Success!

jseib

Registered
Im quite pleased with the progress I have been making, although I do think the biggest crutch of the seminar training is how many people came away with the idea that all they have to do is mail lots of little yellow letters
and they will be successful. I didn`t attend so I don`t know if thats what the seminar was focused on but the cd`s I have of Ron`s seminar from a few years back had a bigger emphasis on other forms of advertising. But I don`t see much talk about those around the forums..

Honestly I wish I could afford your lease to own guide Tony, I made the mistake of focusing my education on the wholesale side but I`m quickly realizing lease to own is the way to go.. Ahh well maybe one day right.

tonypeters

Registered
There is no question that "Lease To Own" (if done right) is an EXTREMELY powerful Real Estate Investing strategy, but I have and I continue to make (as Ron would put it)...a "BOATLOAD of MONEY" implementing many of his strategies, not to mention a few "creative" strategies of my own!The other key to implementing a successful "Lease To Own" System is...doing it for the "RIGHT" reasons!

What I mean by that is
: Not just focusing on how you (the investor) can Win, but making sure you create SUCCESS for your Tenant/Buyer in the process! There are a number of critical components that have to be in place when you structure a Lease To Own deal, especially if you want to create success for ALL stakeholders involved!

Thanks
for taking the time to contribute to this post!

QUOTE (jseib @ Nov 5 2009, 05:03 PM) Im quite pleased with the progress I have been making, although I do think the biggest crutch of the seminar training is how many people came away with the idea that all they have to do is mail lots of little yellow letters
and they will be successful. I didn`t attend so I don`t know if thats what the seminar was focused on but the cd`s I have of Ron`s seminar from a few years back had a bigger emphasis on other forms of advertising. But I don`t see much talk about those around the forums..

Honestly I wish I could afford your lease to own guide Tony, I made the mistake of focusing my education on the wholesale side but I`m quickly realizing lease to own is the way to go.. Ahh well maybe one day right.

gkeary

Registered
QUOTE (tonypeters @ Nov 5 2009, 05:20 PM) Hi Tony,I`ve been really enjoying following the different threads you`ve contributed to as someone who has walked the walk.I very much agree with you that USians and Canadians have different cultures and ways of doing things and we need to adapt.

If I could get to Alberta this weekend I would come to your workshop because I think it would help me translate some of Ron`s ideas into Canadanese.

I looked on your website but didn`t see any upcoming workshops except the one this weekend. Are you going to do more and any chance you`ll do one on the coast? It`s balmy out here at this time of year.

Feel free to e-mail me directly with any upcoming info at [email protected] and thanks for your input and time.

gk

There is no question
that "Lease To Own" (if done right) is an EXTREMELY powerful Real Estate Investing strategy, but I have and I continue to make (as Ron would put it)...a "BOATLOAD of MONEY" implementing many of his strategies, not to mention a few "creative" strategies of my own!

The other key
to implementing a successful "Lease To Own" System is...doing it for the "RIGHT" reasons!

What I mean by that is
: Not just focusing on how you (the investor) can Win, but making sure you create SUCCESS for your Tenant/Buyer in the process! There are a number of critical components that have to be in place when you structure a Lease To Own deal, especially if you want to create success for ALL stakeholders involved!

Thanks
for taking the time to contribute to this post!

tonypeters

Registered
Thanks for contributing to this thread. By doing so, it further enhances the strength of this forum!

With respect to your question regarding our seminars; we are in the process of establishing our 2010 seminar and workshop schedule, so please keep an eye on our website for future updates. Now with that said, I would be more than happy to bring our "Creative Real Estate Investing Power Workshop" to you, if you are able to generate enough interest from your end.

Let me if that would be of interest to you?

Regards, Tony

TodorYordanov

Registered
Tony, I find your post inspiring. It just brings it back to the fundamentals of business and success. There is no magic pill, but lots of work and learning.We are in the process of finding out how to make this work in Ontario and are hitting road blocks everywhere. I and many of the people I know are yet to find or hear of a lawyer who is ready and confident to do an Agreement For Sale. We hear that the shotgun-postal-code-yellow-letter approach is not as successful as we had hoped it will be. You are right, the Canadian reality is different.
However there is no doubt in my mind that there are a "more creative ways" of doing anything out there. And I am commited to working in that direction.
Thanks again for your insight as it is positive and helpful in moving forward.

Todor

BoydG

Registered
QUOTE (TodorYordanov @ Nov 5 2009, 07:57 PM) Tony, I find your post inspiring. It just brings it back to the fundamentals of business and success. There is no magic pill, but lots of work and learning.
However there is no doubt in my mind that there are a "more creative ways" of doing anything out there. And I am commited to working in that direction.

Todor

Great comments Todor - well said!

And Thanks again Tony!

Cheers!

Joel30

New Forum Member
Registered
QUOTE (TodorYordanov @ Nov 5 2009, 08:57 PM) Tony, I find your post inspiring. It just brings it back to the fundamentals of business and success. There is no magic pill, but lots of work and learning.We are in the process of finding out how to make this work in Ontario and are hitting road blocks everywhere. I and many of the people I know are yet to find or hear of a lawyer who is ready and confident to do an Agreement For Sale. We hear that the shotgun-postal-code-yellow-letter approach is not as successful as we had hoped it will be. You are right, the Canadian reality is different.

Todor

Joel30

New Forum Member
Registered
I was waiting for someone to say that. Myself, I have been taking the time to soak up all the new info and think it through before springing into action! I figured that yellow letter would not be as effective here as it is south, not to say that it doesn`t work. Lots of good information, just needs to be canadianized. and lots of patience and persistence.

tonypeters

Registered
Todor,As always, thanks for your contribution to this thread. As you are aware, there is no such thing as "Get Rich Quick" when it comes to real estate. It`s a nice idea, and MOST people gravitate towards it, but that route is reserved for the lottery winners, and we ALL know what the odd`s are there?This is one of the reasons WHY I elected to create this post in the first place, as I want to send the message that it WILL take hard work and persistence! I have personally hit some major "home runs" in real estate, but it did NOT happen overnight. It took many years of "Paying the Price" before I was rewarded.

If you hang in there
long enough and you stay committed, ANYTHING is possible!

With respect to your comments
"there is no doubt in my mind that there are a "more creative ways" of doing anything out there". You are 100% correct! The longer you stay in this game, the more "creative" you WILL become. You would be amazed at some of the deals I have constructed, and all because I applied..."Creative Thinking"
to the way I analyzed my deals. I once made $500k on one deal, and I NEVER even took possession of the property!

WHY was this possible?
Because I was in the RIGHT place at the RIGHT time, and I was willing to take ACTION!

This is WHY
I encourage others NOT to "Give Up" to soon!

Thanks again for your contribution!

QUOTE (TodorYordanov @ Nov 5 2009, 08:57 PM) Tony, I find your post inspiring. It just brings it back to the fundamentals of business and success. There is no magic pill, but lots of work and learning.
We are in the process of finding out how to make this work in Ontario and are hitting road blocks everywhere. I and many of the people I know are yet to find or hear of a lawyer who is ready and confiden
t to do an Agreement For Sale. We hear that the shotgun-postal-code-yellow-letter approach is not as successful as we had hoped it will be. You are right, the Canadian reality is different. However, there is no doubt in my mind that there are a "more creative ways" of doing anything out there And I am commited to working in that direction.

Todor

tonypeters

Registered
Joe, stay committed and you WILL achieve some AMAZING results!

QUOTE (joelast @ Nov 5 2009, 11:00 PM) I was waiting for someone to say that. Myself, I have been taking the time to soak up all the new info and think it through before springing into action! I figured that yellow letter would not be as effective here as it is south, not to say that it doesn`t work. Lots of good information, just needs to be canadianized. and lots of patience and persistence.

RedlineBrett

Registered
QUOTE (tonypeters @ Nov 6 2009, 09:30 AM) I applied..."Creative Thinking" to the way I analyzed my deals. I once made $500k on one deal, and I NEVER even took possession of the property!

I would LOVE to hear this story.... care to share it with us??

tonypeters

Registered
Brett,

I would love to share this story with you. I will place it on the "Success Stories" link so that all members can benefit from it!

QUOTE (RedlineBrett @ Nov 6 2009, 10:17 AM) I would LOVE to hear this story.... care to share it with us??

JohnSoucie

REIN Member
QUOTE (jseib @ Nov 5 2009, 07:03 PM) Im quite pleased with the progress I have been making, although I do think the biggest crutch of the seminar training is how many people came away with the idea that all they have to do is mail lots of little yellow letters
I think the frenzy for the yellow letter will wear off fairly soon and people will soon realize the reality that the Privacy Laws leaves us with is that the Postal code method is a true shotgun method and it`s a far cry from the customized, pick from the menu, killer lists the US people have access to. So the YL will surely need other methods to boost it, for example, sending them to vacant homes and waiting for a call or a returned letter that you would then send to a skip tracer. There are obviously other "supplements".

That opinion is not meant to be negative(it`s full steam ahead on the YL for me!), but realistic. I`ve just read more RLG (non-course) material yesterday where he really paints a dim picture of the results you will get when simply mailing to zip codes, then he makes his case for why you have to send to different lists to get better results
. So we as Canadians are actually left with...mostly the dim view....shotgun, no killer lists.

Your post was timely as I was just listening to a Pretty House CD today and he spoke about how he used to teach a 3 day bootcamp on Guerrilla marketing but that it`s no longer needed since the Yellow Letter. I`m thinking I want to get a copy of those earlier pre-yellow letter courses on cassette
and get schooled on his other proven techniques.

Does the course you are taking cover Pretty and Ugly houses? You mentioned wholesale so I`m thinking it`s like his present day "Fast Cash Generator" course...which is mostly wholesale if memory serves.

John Soucie

MKBridge

REIN Member
Tony,

Once again you have written a great post, thank you. I have realized very quickly that putting Ron`s ideas to work in Canada is not going to be a rubber stamp of how it is done in the US. Yes, I have ordered many yellow letters (with a postal code list) and plan to implement that strategy as part of my real estate system. I am working on finding a way to target prospects in the Canadian market. Some strategies include mailing to people who were late paying their property tax, putting some creative advertising together to attract the right sellers and learning about the legal system and how to search those in "preforclosure".
I signed up for two more of Ron`s courses and I am also going to the Rainmaker Summit in Edmonton next weekend. I am very excited about all of this. I love learning/taking courses and know it is an important aspect of moving forward in life.
I am not going to give up because I don`t make thousands in the first 90 days of taking Ron`s course. It is another tool for my real estate investing profession. I must say REIN has been the greatest find and I have been a new person since I took the ACRE program in March. I have already purchased three units because of the things I learned since joining.
I have a great real estate lawyer who I took out to lunch last week and found out that he does do Agreements for Sale here in BC (something I will start a new post about). In fact he did that with my last house after I sold it!
Anyhow, thanks Tony for the ongoing encouragement you are giving the RLG students.
Kathi

JudyGreen

Registered
QUOTE (tonypeters @ Nov 5 2009, 04:49 PM) I have noticed (based on some of the posts), that quite a few people have yet to experience the type of "IMMEDIATE" results they had hoped for after graduating from Ron LeGrand`s "Quick Turn" Real Estate seminar.I have to be honest (because that`s the ONLY way to be), I am not totally surprised! WHY? Because it took time, and it took a lot of "trial and error" before we were able to figure out what strategies would work BEST in our (Canadian) market. Fact is, Canadians are a lot different than our friendly neighbors to the south. We are far more "conservative" and we are far more "cautious" in the way we go about doing things. As a result, what may work somewhere else, may not necessarily work as well here. Please do not take these comments out of context, because I am NOT suggesting what Ron teaches will NOT work here, all I am suggesting is you have to be FULLY prepared to be in this thing for "the long haul" and that you are FULLY prepared to "adapt"…that`s all!

I can GUARANTEE
you this
: If you DON"T adapt, there is a good chance you WILL become a DINOSOUR! And we all know what happened to them!

So how do you think I know this?
I graduated from Ron`s initial seminar in June of 2003. I did not STOP there, as I attended a number of his seminars in both Vegas and Atlanta. I probably invested a total of about $20k (plus) after all was said and done. Notice how I used the term "invested"? Because that`s the way I viewed it at the time. After the Edmonton seminar in 2003, there were all kinds of "We Buy Houses" and "I Buy Houses" signs all over town. However, since that time there are only a handful of players that still exist! However, that was BEFORE his last boot camp, so I am sure that stat will change pretty soon!

So WHY was there only a handful of us left?
Because most people just…"GAVE-UP!"

What a WASTE
of a ($5,000) EDUCATION! Because that`s what the Edmonton seminar cost me!

Giving up was NOT and, has NEVER been an option for us
, so we adjusted and tweaked our strategies from the things we had learned along the way. It`s okay to make MISTAKES! In fact, if you DON`T make ANY MISTAKES you are probably not DOING ANYTHING! As a result of all of the mistakes we made, and all of the "REAL LIFE" seminars that we have attended over the years, we adapted and made adjustments to our "Buying" and "Selling" (Lease To Own) Systems.

This is one of the reasons
WHY
I previously cautioned seminar grads from "charging ahead" too quickly! Because we had already travelled the exact same path, all those years ago!

However
, It was actually a "good thing" that we did not have IMMEDIATE SUCCESS!

WHY?
Because we had to become even MORE CREATIVE! And by doing so, we have since developed many "creative" and "unique" Buying and Selling strategies of our own! We have, and we continue to buy houses with…NO MONEY DOWN! This is one of the reasons WHY we were able to survive. We now have MANY "creative" strategies that we employ. I have always said, by having a number of "creative" strategies in my Real Estate Investing tool pouch, I have the ability to create a deal out of just about ANY situation!

b>With the RIGHT training and the RIGHT mindset…YOU CAN do it too!So what is the BIGGEST piece of advice I can offer anyone that is travelling down this path: If something does not work the first time around, do NOT give up! You MUST try, try and try again until you find something that DOES work! If you try something enough times, it has no choice but to work! Doesn`t it?Remember what I said earlier about having to "adapt". This is not something that you "MAY" have to do! It is something that you "WILL" have to do! So you may as well get used to this idea!You may have already heard me say this before: "In order to be truly successful, you MUST be fully prepared to pay the price! The price comes in many different forms. It can be Emotional, it can be Mental, it can be Physical and it can be Financial!"

Are you "PREPARED"
to…PAY the PRICE? If you are NOT, my advice to you would be to not waste your time and energy with this, and move on to something else that you are fully prepared to commit too!

WHY?
Because if you want to be truly successful at ANYTHING in life, you have to be committed 100%!

I hope that I have NOT
offended anyone here, as this is NOT the intent of this post. Anyone that has come to know me, already knows that I like to be "brutally honest, and tell it just the way it is!"
The TRUTH can sometimes hurt,
but it is sometimes…the BEST medicine!

For those of you that are FULLY prepared
to…"Pay the Price", you must stay focused and be persistent and you WILL achieve…GREAT SUCCESS!!

Wishing You Life Success!

Thanks very Much Tony for your Honnesty!

You can tell you have come a long way internally throughout your career.

Thank you again for the words of inspiration

Judy GReen
403 998-1604

tonypeters

Registered
You are very welcome kathi! I am happy to hear that my posts are of benefit to you and others.

QUOTE (MKBridge @ Nov 8 2009, 11:23 AM) Tony,

Once again you have written a great post, thank you. I have realized very quickly that putting Ron`s ideas to work in Canada is not going to be a rubber stamp of how it is done in the US. Yes, I have ordered many yellow letters (with a postal code list) and plan to implement that strategy as part of my real estate system. I am working on finding a way to target prospects in the Canadian market. Some strategies include mailing to people who were late paying their property tax, putting some creative advertising together to attract the right sellers and learning about the legal system and how to search those in "preforclosure".
I signed up for two more of Ron`s courses and I am also going to the Rainmaker Summit in Edmonton next weekend. I am very excited about all of this. I love learning/taking courses and know it is an important aspect of moving forward in life.
I am not going to give up because I don`t make thousands in the first 90 days of taking Ron`s course. It is another tool for my real estate investing profession. I must say REIN has been the greatest find and I have been a new person since I took the ACRE program in March. I have already purchased three units because of the things I learned since joining.
I have a great real estate lawyer who I took out to lunch last week and found out that he does do Agreements for Sale here in BC (something I will start a new post about). In fact he did that with my last house after I sold it!
Anyhow, thanks Tony for the ongoing encouragement you are giving the RLG students.
Kathi

tonypeters

Registered
You are very welcome Judy! I have travelled the Quick Turn real estate "education" and "get out there and do it" path, so I know exectly what obstacles investors will encounter. You have to be fully prepared to adjust and adapt, that`s all!

QUOTE (JudyGreen @ Nov 8 2009, 12:49 PM) Thanks very Much Tony for your Honnesty!

You can tell you have come a long way internally throughout your career.

Thank you again for the words of inspiration

Judy GReen
403 998-1604

tonypeters

Registered
John, Thanks for your contribution to this post.
I am not sure if you are aware, but I just wrapped up a two day "Creative Real Estate Investing Power Workshop" in Edmonton this past weekend. My best advice to you would be to contact Zander Robertson, as he and his wife were in attendance. By doing so, Zander will be able to share his experience of what I teach, and some of the "creative" strategies I have implemented in order to overcome some of the "Quick Turn" real estate obstacles that REIN members appear to be struggling with.

QUOTE (JohnSoucie @ Nov 6 2009, 07:24 PM) I think the frenzy for the yellow letter will wear off fairly soon and people will soon realize the reality that the Privacy Laws leaves us with is that the Postal code method is a true shotgun method and it`s a far cry from the customized, pick from the menu, killer lists the US people have access to. So the YL will surely need other methods to boost it, for example, sending them to vacant homes and waiting for a call or a returned letter that you would then send to a skip tracer. There are obviously other "supplements".

That opinion is not meant to be negative(it`s full steam ahead on the YL for me!), but realistic. I`ve just read more RLG (non-course) material yesterday where he really paints a dim picture of the results you will get when simply mailing to zip codes, then he makes his case for why you have to send to different lists to get better results
. So we as Canadians are actually left with...mostly the dim view....shotgun, no killer lists.

Your post was timely as I was just listening to a Pretty House CD today and he spoke about how he used to teach a 3 day bootcamp on Guerrilla marketing but that it`s no longer needed since the Yellow Letter. I`m thinking I want to get a copy of those earlier pre-yellow letter courses on cassette
and get schooled on his other proven techniques.

Does the course you are taking cover Pretty and Ugly houses? You mentioned wholesale so I`m thinking it`s like his present day "Fast Cash Generator" course...which is mostly wholesale if memory serves.

John Soucie

JohnSoucie

REIN Member
QUOTE (tonypeters @ Nov 9 2009, 05:52 PM) John, Thanks for your contribution to this post.
I am not sure if you are aware, but I just wrapped up a two day "Creative Real Estate Investing Power Workshop" in Edmonton this past weekend. My best advice to you would be to contact Zander Robertson, as he and his wife were in attendance. By doing so, Zander will be able to share his experience of what I teach, and some of the "creative" strategies I have implemented in order to overcome some of the "Quick Turn" real estate obstacles that REIN members appear to be struggling with.

Thanks for all you are doing Tony!
Yes I am aware of your workshop and have already shown my interest in attending in the other thread for asking for you to come to Toronto. I am really sensing that you are the missing link between Ron and Canadian reality and ultimatly, success for us graduates.

I only hope you can come to Toronto sooner rather than later!! There is a great pressing need IMO.The Ontarians from Ron`s course are already feeling very
left out, what with the complete lack of legal documents for us to implement the system in Ontario. It`s turned into ready, set, wait and wait some more.....so much for "Canadianized", more like Alberta-ized. The upcoming March Toronto workshop is a long way away so hopefully you can come far in advance of that and help get us on the right path.

Sincerely;
John Soucie

Top Bottom