Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quickstart VS rein membership

albainstar

Registered
I have said before i live in fort Mcmurray, and would find it really hard to get to many rien meetings and to me the networking would be the most benif. part of the expense. If i could go regularly i could justfy the cost, but not really at this point.

Does anyone know if a person could pay a drop in fee?

also if I did just the quickstart would it be helpful without backing it up by attending regular rein meetings?

SamEfford

Registered
There is no drop in fee for the meetings, REIN members only.

I and a co-worker both live in Fort McMurray and attend 3-4 meetings a year. They are well worth the drive.

Originally I only signed up for Quickstart and the membership and my coworker only bought the Quickstart package, but after seeing the information that I received from the membership, he quickly signed up as well.

Kilarney

Registered
QUOTE (albainstar @ Jan 18 2008, 12:24 PM) I have said before i live in fort Mcmurray, and would find it really hard to get to many rien meetings and to me the networking would be the most benif. part of the expense. If i could go regularly i could justfy the cost, but not really at this point.

Does anyone know if a person could pay a drop in fee?

also if I did just the quickstart would it be helpful without backing it up by attending regular rein meetings?

I commuted from Winnipeg the first year I joined REIN, and when I could absolutely not make it to Edmonton, I listened to the CDS ( over and over again) that REIN mails out when you cannot attend.

Ask yourself this: If you let distance be a barrier, will that take you closer to, or further from your goals and dreams?

Attend a Quickstart, and then let wild horses try to keep you away....
Once you understand the value in a membership- and the priveleges that members have, the decision will become an easy one.

Brenda

DaveToynbee

Dave Toynbee
REIN Member
My opinion:Go to the quickstart...and if you want to continue being informed afterwards (and you think you will actually do the stuff), then join regardless of where you live. It`s a nice bonus to go to the live meetings because of the networking and the overall excitement of being live, but you get all the same information by cd`s and paperwork if you don`t make it to the meetings. This info will keep you busy enough, and on your top game every month if you use it. Being in BC, I go to the quartary meetings in Vancouver but get most of the info from the monthly meetings in AB, and am totally happy with this as it allows me to listen to the cd`s and read the info at my convenience...and always have for records. All in all, it doesn`t matter where you live, the mebedrship is still worth every penny...and take it from me...I struggled to justify this myself...kinda cheap I guess?

Dave

Grant

Registered
You can always go for REIN By Mail. You can attend a couple of REIN meetings a year for an extra cost, but the rest of the time you pay half-price for membership. You can call the REIN office at 1-888-824-7346 to ask about that.

Quickstart is free for REIN members, too, so if you think that you will join anyway, you`re better off to join before Quickstart rather than afterward.

bluerockgroup

Registered
I use the number `3` as a magic decision maker.

Properties you plan to buy: Less than 3, you should be able to do it just based on Quickstart. 3 or more, REIN is worth every penny even if you just get the monthly CD and mailouts.

Number of meetings to attend
: I live in Lethbridge so I am faced with a 2.5 hour commute (depending on traffic) so I hate to miss meetings. But in my experience, hitting every 3rd meeting at an ABSOLUTE MINIMUM simply for the emotional support and synergistic qualities of the group. I really get a lot of energy from other focused investors.

-Hope this helps a bit.

invst4profit

Registered
Buy both of Don`s books if you have not already. They contain all the basic principals that successful real estate investers all over North America have used forever. Buy a property or two and see how it goes, then make the decission on joining.
REIN is something you can grow into, view it as a "big picture" network, start small. Get to know your local appartment owners they can be a wealth of info specific to your environment.

gwasser

Registered
I joined last October and think it is worth every penny and more. Meeting other members in person at workshops and sharing in their ups and downs helps you to become better at dealing with your own real estate and investment issues. This forum is another fantastic benefit with invaluable advice and insights from many points of view: sophisticated real estate investors, beginners like you and me, experts in law and accounting. You won`t regret becoming a member, in particular if you`re a person of action and you become an active investor and landlord.

Top Bottom