Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Re > tenants

ronaldk

Registered
I would appreciate if someone could suggest any recommendatins / answers.

Whats the minimum notice I should give the tenants to move out of the rental property? - Province of alberta.Is it 2 or 3 months.

Also if 2 people are on the lease and one moves out, hows responsible on the lease then? Does the person moving out has to give me notice or not since the other person on the lease is staying..

Thanks.Edmonton

RebeccaBryan

Registered
What is the reason you are asking them to leave? If you are renovating or a relative or yourself is moving into the property you need to give 90 days notice.

Answering your second question, Do you want the person that is staying to remain a tenant? Did you qualify them together? Can the one that is staying afford to pay the rent on time? Are they a good tenant/s?

If you want the second person to stay, just have them sign a new lease agreement. If you want them to leave, just tell them you will not approve them based on one person staying and that if one leaves, both must leave. It really depends on your situation. The tenant needs to give you notice of any changes to the lease agreement. I would confirm all the babble I just told you with the Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board just to make sure I am correct but I'm pretty confident.

Top Bottom