Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Real Estate agent

sdiemer

Registered
Hello,

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a good real estate agent in Edmonton Alberta.

Cheers
Scott

Donal_Ward_McCarthy

REIN Member
Hi Scott,

I have used Murray Zelinski of Realty corp in Edmonton and feel comfortable putting his name here. Of course as always, do your own due diligence, get some other names and chose for yourself.

Best of luck.
Donal.

mortgageman

Registered
Hi there,
I`ll throw a few names your way. All three are good bets to go with so it`s really a matter of who you like best.
Lucas Fausak is REIN member, investor and a realtor who knows townhouses and condos extremely well. His cell is 780.965.7029.
Michael Grekul is another REIN member who is also a good realtor and investor and knows town houses and suited bungalows extremely well. His office number is 780.944.8067
Steve Zosky is another good realtor who knows the REIN system, is an investor and knows what makes a good fit for investors. His office number is 780-437-3709.
All three will do great work for you. I`d recommend chatting with each of them and seeing who feels like the best fit.
All the best
Jason Scott

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
Hi Scott;

I have referred four REIN members to Teresa Mardon at Royal LePage Noralta. All are really happy with my referring them.

Teresa is a Realtor who takes her time getting to know you and your goals. She works for you, and is the first Realtor who has ever told me my offer was TOO HIGH. She also works strategically in getting offers accepted. She has no problem writing multiple offers on multiple properties at the same time, knowing that not all will go to closing.

Working with five REIN members, that I know of, she is used to our requirements, and some of the criteria we set.

I highly recommend Teresa to you.

Good luck, whoever you select.

nepoez

Registered
I can personally vouch for Michael Grekul, he`s very detail oriented, responsible, and always goes a few extra miles.

QUOTE (mortgageman @ Feb 17 2009, 04:26 PM) Hi there,
I`ll throw a few names your way. All three are good bets to go with so it`s really a matter of who you like best.
Lucas Fausak is REIN member, investor and a realtor who knows townhouses and condos extremely well. His cell is 780.965.7029.
Michael Grekul is another REIN member who is also a good realtor and investor and knows town houses and suited bungalows extremely well. His office number is 780.944.8067
Steve Zosky is another good realtor who knows the REIN system, is an investor and knows what makes a good fit for investors. His office number is 780-437-3709.
All three will do great work for you. I`d recommend chatting with each of them and seeing who feels like the best fit.
All the best
Jason Scott

KarenWalker

Registered
We have also worked with Jayson Sidhu at RealtyCorp. He`s the best and I have referred many rein members to him.

KW

sdiemer

Registered
My thanks to everyone who replied. This will help a lot. I guess I have some interviews to conduct!

Cheers
Scott

RedlineBrett

Registered
QUOTE (sdiemer @ Feb 18 2009, 04:05 PM) My thanks to everyone who replied. This will help a lot. I guess I have some interviews to conduct!
Cheers
Scott

When conducting your interviews this old post can be a good guide to screening for your top flight agent. You are already past step one by the looks of it:

---

1. Ask around people you know or even this forum if anyone knows of a good agent you can interview
2. Call a couple candidates, ask if they are willing to either meet with you or arrange a time when they can talk to you about your search.
3. Ask each a few of or all of these questions if you are shopping for an investment property:

- How many investors do you typically work with? (This gives you an idea of how much business they do with investors.)
- When was the last time you sold an investment property? (This lets you know how on top of their game they are)
- What can you tell me about the rental market in the area I`m considering? (If they sell rental property or own some themselves they should know what rents are like in the area.)
- If I were a landlord in this area what things could I market to my tenants? (You want to hear things like "one bus route to this employment center, 10 min walk to C-train, good school nearby etc. Shows if a realtor is "plugged in" to the area.)
- If you work with a lot of investors what do you do when two of your clients want the same property?
- What can you tell me about city infrastructure initiatives in this area?
- Tell me about some of the good deals you`ve negotiated for clients
- What are some of the reasons I should work with you rather than another agent?

4. Ask for some recent client references that used him/her to buy a similar type of property

5. If you are using an agent to `trade up` or sell your current home and move into your next one ask them what fees they charge if you give them business on both ends.

Going through that process should give you a pretty good idea and you should be able to tell which agent you would work best with.

----

Top Bottom