Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Real estate Seminars in toronto

Kyoung

Registered
A friend dragged me to the rich dad poor dad seminar last week. My friend signed up for the 3 day real estate seminar and wanted me to split the cost with her. Among the materials received, there is a book which apparently is all that an investor needs to know. I flipped through it and saw it well-organized but don`t know the content.

I was wondering whether anyone experienced this seminar, and what`s their opinion? Would it be a waste of $495?

Interesting thing is that they give a cooling period of 10 days. I thought it`s only when you buy a condo that you`re allowed a cooling period. B) Please let me know of your thoughts, I will probably turn down my friend but feel bad if I didn`t tell her within that period.

Thanks a bunch
Kim

joeiannuzzi

Registered
Hello Kim. I did not attend the seminar you mentioned (because I live in Calgary) but am very familiar with the entire Rich Dad philosophy having attended and spoken at some of their workshops starting in Sept 2002. I have also been with REIN since January 2001 and have compared the organization to everything including Rich Dad Poor Dad.

Education can be beneficial if you learn how to be a better real estate investor and recover your costs through future deals. The key questions that I would ask are the following:

1) Will there be ongoing local support after the 3 day seminar which equals or exceeds that which exists in the REIN group? Recall that REIN is the largest most successful real estate group in North America with endorsements from best selling author Robert Allen and world famous stock market forecaster and demographer Harry Dent who wrote "The Roaring 2000`s"

2) Is the information presented at the 3 day seminar specific to your marketplace? The single most important factor in real estate investing is the economics of the area. That is the reason why Don puts so much emphasis on the "What`s behind the Curtain" portion of the presentations.

3) Does the book that covers everything one needs to know about real estate investing have all the Canadian specific information included in "Real Estate Investing in Canada" and "97 Tips for Canadian Real Estate Investors"?

Hope this helps.

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (Kyoung @ Jan 16 2008, 02:57 PM) A friend dragged me to the rich dad poor dad seminar last week. My friend signed up for the 3 day real estate seminar and wanted me to split the cost with her. Among the materials received, there is a book which apparently is all that an investor needs to know. I flipped through it and saw it well-organized but don`t know the content.

I was wondering whether anyone experienced this seminar, and what`s their opinion? Would it be a waste of $495?

Interesting thing is that they give a cooling period of 10 days. I thought it`s only when you buy a condo that you`re allowed a cooling period. B) Please let me know of your thoughts, I will probably turn down my friend but feel bad if I didn`t tell her within that period.

Thanks a bunch
Kim

Hi Kim,

I did the 3 day course last fall. There is a series of books and CDs (14 in all) which alone are almost worth the price of the course. The course itself has little substance, they hit the high spots in several key areas. The last day is all about selling you the ongoing programs and the cost is mind boggling. I went in with an open mind and learned a few small things but its all about upselling to the higher priced courses. If you ordered the books and CD`s from RichDad co. it would be roughly equivalent to the price of the 3 day course and the CDs are excellent.
But.... if you want to learn RE investing join REIN. They will help you build a foundation of knowledge and skills, create a system, help you develope as a person and all at a fraction of the cost. This group `partners` with the RichDad company and are all about selling you the high priced courses. If you want more info you can PM me on this forum.

Good Luck
Ed R

Kyoung

Registered
QUOTE (joeiannuzzi @ Jan 16 2008, 10:37 PM) Hello Kim. I did not attend the seminar you mentioned (because I live in Calgary) but am very familiar with the entire Rich Dad philosophy having attended and spoken at some of their workshops starting in Sept 2002. I have also been with REIN since January 2001 and have compared the organization to everything including Rich Dad Poor Dad.

Education can be beneficial if you learn how to be a better real estate investor and recover your costs through future deals. The key questions that I would ask are the following:

1) Will there be ongoing local support after the 3 day seminar which equals or exceeds that which exists in the REIN group? Recall that REIN is the largest most successful real estate group in North America with endorsements from best selling author Robert Allen and world famous stock market forecaster and demographer Harry Dent who wrote "The Roaring 2000`s"

2) Is the information presented at the 3 day seminar specific to your marketplace? The single most important factor in real estate investing is the economics of the area. That is the reason why Don puts so much emphasis on the "What`s behind the Curtain" portion of the presentations.

3) Does the book that covers everything one needs to know about real estate investing have all the Canadian specific information included in "Real Estate Investing in Canada" and "97 Tips for Canadian Real Estate Investors"?

Hope this helps.

Thanks Joe. It helps putting things in perspective.

1. I never heard of Harry Dent and his book. May be I could invest in getting his book instead.
2. as the free seminar was pushing the course, it`s hard to know how deep they go. They had some catchy scenarios but it seem to be repetitive to the point of becoming annoying.
One thing I find challenging: By the time "behind the curtain" comes, I am so tired after a day`s work that everything`s flying over my head. I do try to read it afterwards.
3. I haven`t read the book, I am so busy at work that I doubt I can do that.

One thing for sure: the first deal is the hardest to get/do. I`m like `a cat afraid to jump in the water` if you know what I mean
style_emoticons

QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Jan 17 2008, 10:36 PM) Hi Kim,

I did the 3 day course last fall. There is a series of books and CDs (14 in all) which alone are almost worth the price of the course. The course itself has little substance, they hit the high spots in several key areas. The last day is all about selling you the ongoing programs and the cost is mind boggling. I went in with an open mind and learned a few small things but its all about upselling to the higher priced courses. If you ordered the books and CD`s from RichDad co. it would be roughly equivalent to the price of the 3 day course and the CDs are excellent.
But.... if you want to learn RE investing join REIN. They will help you build a foundation of knowledge and skills, create a system, help you develope as a person and all at a fraction of the cost. This group `partners` with the RichDad company and are all about selling you the high priced courses. If you want more info you can PM me on this forum.

Good Luck
Ed R

Thanks Ed. I am still catching up on REIN, have been a member since nov 07. I am having bouts of `information overload`
style_emoticons

Your opinion helps... there is no shortcut, REIN seem to be the best.
I will try to talk my friend in joining. Her english listening skills are not so good though.

Grant

Registered
Hi Kim,

I noticed that you replied to two posts separately so that you could quote both. I merged them into one. Did you know that you can quote more than one post at once? Click here to check out the help file on posting.

QUOTE You can press on the "+ Quote" button to quote multiple posts. Just click on "+ Quote" under each post that you want to quote, then hit "Post Reply" at the top or bottom of the thread. The editor will open with the selected posts quoted.

gottarun

Registered
Hi Kim,

I just went to that seminar last friday in Newmarket, Of course at the end there were many "students" who signed up and congrats to them for taking action but at the end of the day I know it was not for me because they will try and teach you everything in a crash course weekend and what is best is to be always connected to real estate which REIN provides.

GOTTARUN.

QUOTE (Kyoung @ Jan 16 2008, 04:57 PM) A friend dragged me to the rich dad poor dad seminar last week. My friend signed up for the 3 day real estate seminar and wanted me to split the cost with her. Among the materials received, there is a book which apparently is all that an investor needs to know. I flipped through it and saw it well-organized but don`t know the content.

Thanks a bunch
Kim

Top Bottom