Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REALTOR, INVESTOR AND REIN MEMBER

R

RussellWestcott

Everyone interested in this thread .. the upcoming Ontario REIN™ workshop is just around the corner (June 2), and there are a couple of spots available if anyone would like to attend as a guest.
If you are interested make sure you read this entire page
.... click here

For more of the details of the agenda items ... click here

REIN™ members I look forward to seeing you this coming month

alexh

Registered
i am also a starter, but i would be greatly interested in joining this meeting, how will you put this together?

Topics on a $1000 course in calgary.
• Asset valuation and enhancement
• Costs and taxes
• Capitalization
• Site and building analysis
• The appraisal process
• Discounted cash flow measurement
• Ownership vehicles
• The basics of lending and current lending practice

You will take away these key concepts and skills:
• A clear understanding of physical and market value
• The know-how to determine a property’s economic value
• An understanding of how investment is financed and how value is increased
• A working knowledge of current tax laws regarding such areas as capital gains and depreciation

davidd101

Registered
Hey guys this has been a great post with some really top notch input. I’m really excited about meeting with you guys. My original intention for this meeting was to give new investors a chance to ask questions and get a good grasp on what the process is to buying and may be talk about there concerns openly. Not for anybody to be a featured speaker or anything even though if that’s what people ask for I will indeed inquire about bringing those particular people in.

However I’ve been in a room with a small group of owners some with 100+ doors and others with 0-5 doors and it could be uncomfortable for some. (Not a REIN meeting) As far as having it before a REIN meeting I think it might be a really long evening if we did that. (REIN meetings run from 7pm - 11pm)

I love the question from alexh, I think there is more to it though and we can talk about that further at the meeting. I’m think mid June and I can book my office training room for a Saturday/Sunday mid-day what do you guys think.

housingrental

Registered
Why not at 6:00pm before a REIN meeting?

QUOTE (davidd101 @ May 30 2009, 09:22 PM) Hey guys this has been a great post with some really top notch input. I`m really excited about meeting with you guys. My original intention for this meeting was to give new investors a chance to ask questions and get a good grasp on what the process is to buying and may be talk about there concerns openly. Not for anybody to be a featured speaker or anything even though if that`s what people ask for I will indeed inquire about bringing those particular people in.

However I`ve been in a room with a small group of owners some with 100+ doors and others with 0-5 doors and it could be uncomfortable for some. (Not a REIN meeting) As far as having it before a REIN meeting I think it might be a really long evening if we did that. (REIN meetings run from 7pm - 11pm)

I love the question from alexh, I think there is more to it though and we can talk about that further at the meeting. I`m think mid June and I can book my office training room for a Saturday/Sunday mid-day what do you guys think.

vandriani

REIN Member
QUOTE (davidd101 @ May 30 2009, 06:22 PM) Hey guys this has been a great post with some really top notch input. I`m really excited about meeting with you guys. My original intention for this meeting was to give new investors a chance to ask questions and get a good grasp on what the process is to buying and may be talk about there concerns openly. Not for anybody to be a featured speaker or anything even though if that`s what people ask for I will indeed inquire about bringing those particular people in.

However I`ve been in a room with a small group of owners some with 100+ doors and others with 0-5 doors and it could be uncomfortable for some. (Not a REIN meeting) As far as having it before a REIN meeting I think it might be a really long evening if we did that. (REIN meetings run from 7pm - 11pm)

I love the question from alexh, I think there is more to it though and we can talk about that further at the meeting. I`m think mid June and I can book my office training room for a Saturday/Sunday mid-day what do you guys think.

In my experience, a round table discusion is far more beneficial than a speaker. Don`t let the number get too big. You could always run multiple sessions

ACsurge

Registered
I would also be interested to attand. Email is [email protected]. I am in Richmond Hill, however if you need a board room of some sort I have access to a small one.

Top Bottom