Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Redline VS Oasis

albainstar

Registered
I am looking at investmetns with Redline and oasis right now
has anyone worked with either?

Oasis is a JV and Redline you enter into a limited partnership
what would be the main pros and cons of the different set ups?

Grant

Registered
Both of those groups are headed by REIN members. They may even come around and post, if you`re lucky.
style_emoticons
You`ll recognize them by their avatars and/or signatures. I would venture to say that there have been people here who have worked with them.

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of the different setups, but let`s not make this personal.
style_emoticons

GSI

REIN Member
QUOTE (albainstar @ Apr 11 2008, 04:53 PM) I am looking at investmetns with Redline and oasis right now

Colleen,

Go back and look at some of the earlier threads that you started where Thomas breaks-down the Limited Partnership structure for you, specifically these ones,

Search for the topics you already started:
*should i invest in this?
*JV Partners-How to find and Screen

Many of the answers are already there in the threads.

You can also search for `JV Partnerships` in the `My Rein` quick search tool and you`ll come up with a ton of information. If I recall you are limited to $20K to start, firstly you may want to see what the base investment amount Brett and Dan require before comparing the two. Generally LPs are a lower investment amount, but Dan (Oasis) may also have pooled options.

Like Grant mentioned it`s not an Oasis `versus` Redline game, compare the investment types and then do the due diligence on the companies yourself and separately.

DanBarton

Registered
QUOTE (albainstar @ Apr 11 2008, 04:53 PM) I am looking at investmetns with Redline and oasis right now

Great question!
style_emoticons

There is definitely a difference between the LP structure and the JV structure. While analyzing the different strategies you may want to keep the following in mind:

1. How much Cash-Down are you using for the specific deal. Is it the standard 25% down (which is good for cash flow however may decreases your long term ROI). Is the `finder or LP` using creative strategies that will benefit you through leverage such as VTB`s and secondary financing?

2. Are you required to qualify for financing?

3. Do you receive monthly cash flow from the specific project?

4. How is your security registered?

I hear they both have great websites www.OasisProperties.net and http://www.redlinerealestate.ca

Just a few thoughts, hope it helps!

Thanks!

Dan

Top Bottom