Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REIN Members Make the News

qdsouza

REIN Member
I scan online news sources for useful news items through different rss alerts, guess what I found in the last few minutes:

Investors to descend on city
Posted By Courtney Whalen
Updated 3 hours ago

Economic development could get a boost when Orillia is on display to a captive audience of more than 250 real estate investors.

Five busloads of members of the Real Estate Investment Network (REIN) will roll into Couchiching Beach Park on Friday for an afternoon barbecue followed by a guided tour of the city....

http://www.orilliapacket.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1215241

EdRenkema

Registered
So much for the BBQ in a `secret` location.
style_emoticons

qdsouza

REIN Member
Applying Don`s principles as I read (What`s Behind the Curtain) and focusing in my specific area. Trying to learn a new skill as I move along, as well as stay educated about our investments.

Joe`s economic fundamental posts have been a great filter for me, I`m just widening my own net a bit.
style_emoticons

Enjoy - and sorry to spoil the surprise
style_emoticons

Quentin

joeiannuzzi

Registered
QUOTE (qdsouza @ Sep 25 2008, 08:42 AM) Enjoy - and sorry to spoil the surprise
style_emoticons

Quentin

I also apologize for this mistake but hopefully you all have a great time networking and viewing properties!

qdsouza

REIN Member
And the follow up to the other article:
Investors introduced to Orillia`s charms
College, university housing potential excites interest

Posted By SARA ROSS, THE PACKET AND TIMES
Posted 14 hours ago

Lakehead University and Georgian College were a hot topic for approximately 300 real estate investors who took part in a bus tour around Orillia on Friday. The members of the Real Estate Investment Network (REIN) were interested in hearing about the potential housing rental opportunities created by the postsecondary institutions. Dennis Bottero of Landen Homes, a local business, said he is looking into rental homes for students. Bottero is from just north of Toronto, but started investing in Orillia in 1991.

"I see (Orillia) continually growing. I like to see that the city is... upgrading West Street, Coldwater Road and attracting the universities in," he said. "I`m interested in investing in student housing. I think there`s a need and opportunity there."

http://www.orilliapacket.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1222334

thejules

REIN Member
I was on the tour & it was really funny at the Barrie Presentation the EDO lady also let the cat out of the bag about the Orillia Barbeque. It was actually pretty funny! What a great day we had. I have been a few REIN Bus tours, and I always have a lot of fun participating in them.

Top Bottom