Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REITs?

kreezo

Registered
Hi,

I have heard some discussion about investing in REITs on this forum though I`m not too familiar with them. My understanding is that they`re basically like a cross between a mutual fund and a stock in that you`re holding a "unit" of what the real estate portfolio invests into. Is that correct?
  • - How do you analyze a REIT to see if its doing well or not? How do you do the same fundamental analysis in comparison to say stocks?
    - Which ones would you recommend to invest in?
    - Other than dividends, how does the upside capital gain potential work? Do they tend to be high/low?

Thanks,

Chris

BrianPersaud

Registered
QUOTE (kreezo @ Jun 5 2009, 02:14 PM) Hi,

I have heard some discussion about investing in REITs on this forum though I`m not too familiar with them. My understanding is that they`re basically like a cross between a mutual fund and a stock in that you`re holding a "unit" of what the real estate portfolio invests into. Is that correct?
  • - How do you analyze a REIT to see if its doing well or not? How do you do the same fundamental analysis in comparison to say stocks?
    - Which ones would you recommend to invest in?
    - Other than dividends, how does the upside capital gain potential work? Do they tend to be high/low?

Thanks,

Chris

Take a look at this video from Market Call on BNN (click here)

You can listen to REIT analyst Dennis Mitchell take questions.

Top Bottom