Rent to own contracts... Laywer tells me they break the law

jseib

Registered
Aug 8, 2009
Milton Ontario
I was wondering if anyone here has taken any of Mark`s contracts to their lawyer... I made a long overdue visit to my lawyer Michael Hinchey in Hamilton to look over the agreements and recieved a call today that the contract as provided in his course and I believe on myreinspace actually breaks 8 federal and provincial laws.

Given that Michael has extensive RTO connections in the city I don`t believe this is a case of a mistaken lawyer commenting on a subject he knows little about... But to set my mind at ease I wondered if anyone else has heard this or if I need to get a second opinion.

markl

Registered
Oct 1, 2007
Toronto
QUOTE (jseib @ Jan 19 2010, 12:59 AM) I was wondering if anyone here has taken any of Mark`s contracts to their lawyer... I made a long overdue visit to my lawyer Michael Hinchey in Hamilton to look over the agreements and recieved a call today that the contract as provided in his course and I believe on myreinspace actually breaks 8 federal and provincial laws.
Given that Michael has extensive RTO connections in the city I don`t believe this is a case of a mistaken lawyer commenting on a subject he knows little about... But to set my mind at ease I wondered if anyone else has heard this or if I need to get a second opinion.

We get all of our paperwork through katherinepaliwoda
.com/

And have had it reviewed by other lawyers as well.

Apr 10, 2008
Toronto
QUOTE (jseib @ Jan 19 2010, 12:59 AM) I was wondering if anyone here has taken any of Mark`s contracts to their lawyer... I made a long overdue visit to my lawyer Michael Hinchey in Hamilton to look over the agreements and recieved a call today that the contract as provided in his course and I believe on myreinspace actually breaks 8 federal and provincial laws.

If you re going to put up a post like this make sure you give more details? What laws were broken?

I`ve read Mark`s book, really liked it, and have done rent to owns in the past...all his documents look solid.

jseib

Registered
Aug 8, 2009
Milton Ontario
My purpose is not to accuse mark of anything.. I am hoping to hear from people saying they had it reviewed and everything checked out. I have used the contract already after my team went over it and said it was good now the lawyer says there are issues. So now I am concerned to say the least.

I will send the exact details to mark directly for his input before listing exact details as this may just be a case of my lawyer being mistaken...

GaryMcGowan

Registered
Mar 12, 2008
Newmarket, ON
QUOTE (jseib @ Jan 19 2010, 10:39 AM) My purpose is not to accuse mark of anything.. I am hoping to hear from people saying they had it reviewed and everything checked out. I have used the contract already after my team went over it and said it was good now the lawyer says there are issues. So now I am concerned to say the least.

I will send the exact details to mark directly for his input before listing exact details as this may just be a case of my lawyer being mistaken...

My Lawyer likes it,,, Thanks Mark

MarkTorgerson

REIN Member
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary / Medicine Hat
QUOTE (jseib @ Jan 18 2010, 10:59 PM) I was wondering if anyone here has taken any of Mark`s contracts to their lawyer... I made a long overdue visit to my lawyer Michael Hinchey in Hamilton to look over the agreements and recieved a call today that the contract as provided in his course and I believe on myreinspace actually breaks 8 federal and provincial laws.

Can you post to the forum what concerns your lawyer had?
Bold accusation with weak supporting material.

jseib

Registered
Aug 8, 2009
Milton Ontario
Everyone... Seriously... This is not an attack on Mark.. In hindsight I believe my title was a bit aggressive and I apologize for that but I can`t edit it so I`m stuck with it.

I simply went to a lawyer and he took issue with parts of the contract I received in his course... I did and do not feel that going to Mark directly with this question is proper because of obvious bias, regardless of how honest he is.

Do you honestly go the a salesman and ask him if he gave you a good deal and believe with absolute certainty that they are being honest with you, even if they are? Even if he put me on a conference call with his own lawyer the bias still exists.

I do not now nor have I ever felt that Mark was doing anything improper! Laws change and if you bring a document to 10 different lawyers you are likely to get 10 different opinions.. I just wanted to know if anyone else had a similar experience.

How else am I supposed to know if the lawyer is giving good advice, or simply wants to charge for a whole new contract to be drawn up?

I will just pay yet another lawyer to get a second opinion and be done with it..

REINteam

Registered
Aug 22, 2007
Hi jseib,

I have edited your post title to remove the name and take the edge off. If there is something you would prefer let me know and I can edit again.

Regards,

markl

Registered
Oct 1, 2007
Toronto
Jason to your point I am sitting down with Katherine again tonight it is probably due for a tune up anyhow. So we could be seeing something completely new in a few days who knows.