Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rental questions

TommyK

Registered
Hi fellow REIN members!

As some of you know, I am soon to be the first time landlord. Very excited, indeed!

I am already getting some inquiries for my investment townhouse in Edmonton.

My question is I am getting an inquiry of 3 graduate students who are coming from Vancouver to Edmonton for work. They are here to make money (as the person stated in his email...LOL).

Is this too complicated to have three different parties to live in a townhouse? My gut feeling tells me that there could be more problems of this type of arrangement. And there`s always a potential problem of one leaving and leave the rest hanging there. Or, each of them brings "friend(s)" home so they would have parties etc.

What`s your experience like when multiple parties (not from the same family) looking to share a house/townhouse?

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you.
Tommy

housingrental

Registered
Generally good for graduate students - Their likely to leave after 1 year of renting - You`re likely to collect rent.

TommyK

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Sep 15 2008, 08:55 AM) Generally good for graduate students - Their likely to leave after 1 year of renting - You`re likely to collect rent.

Mmmmm... I get the feeling too especially all 3 of them are from out of town. They probably won`t stay long.. would like someone to potentially stay in my property for more than 1 year lease..

Top Bottom