Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rolling Along in Hamilton

markl

Registered
A copy of my latest blog I thought I would share with everyone here

Rolling along in Hamilton

Regular readers may recall the city of Hamilton is one of our favourite areas, with significant investment in infrastructure and new business coming to town.

The proof is in the pudding in terms of real estate growth, as average home prices climbed 5.4 per cent to $331,741 in February 2011 from $314,656 in February 2010. And this after rising 12.9 per cent to $325,732 in January 2011 from $288,397 in January 2010.

With an increasingly diverse economy and a proactive Economic Development Office, Hamilton continues to be a market on the move.

One major continuing project is transit improvements. The city`s Rapid Transit team recently met with development industry professionals from across the region to discuss the B-Line corridor planning study and current City policies that might be tweaked to encourage intensification.

Developers, architects, planners and real estate professionals discussed the most significant barriers to intensification along the B-Line corridor are, and what policy and program changes the city could make to help facilitate the development.

The group recommended the City expand existing downtown incentive programs to the entire B-Line corridor; reducing the scope of the application process, encouraging public-private partnerships, risk-sharing with developers on accountability, reporting and study requirements, flexible zoning (as-of-right zoning to permit land assembly and increase property values), and the elimination of government costs through development charges.

Top ranking

In addition to these positive developments, a new ranking lists Hamilton as one of the top 10 large cities in North America for foreign investment. Produced in the British-based FDI Magazine, the ranking has local leaders plotting a new strategy to catch the attention of world companies looking for a place to build new plants and operations in North America. And you know what that means ` jobs for workers, and workers who need a place to live!

So, if you`ve thought about investing in Hamilton, now is a great time!

EdRenkema

Registered
Adam & Mark,

It is too late to get into Hamilton!!!

But... if you want in on the second last available deals I can tie them up for you, call me quickly.

housingrental

Registered
True Ed

Smart money has already moved on to Binbrook

[quote user=EdRenkema]Adam & Mark,

It is too late to get into Hamilton!!!

But... if you want in on the second last available deals I can tie them up for you, call me quickly.

Top Bottom