Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ron Legrand - Little Yellow Letter

MonteDobson

Registered
We are attending the Ron Legrand course in Edmonton in October. We have received some of the initial emails etc, and are planning to implement Ron`s "Yellow Letter" mailout strategy before we attend the seminar.I`d like to do a mass (unaddressed) direct mailout to a targeted market area in the city I live, and was wondering if anyone could share sample letters/strategies that they have use in the past to create leads for both "ugly & pretty" houses.

Any ideas/suggestions you would be willing to share would be great!

Regards,

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (C2Ventures @ Oct 1 2009, 09:54 PM) We are attending the Ron Legrand course in Edmonton in October. We have received some of the initial emails etc, and are planning to implement Ron`s "Yellow Letter" mailout strategy before we attend the seminar.I`d like to do a mass (unaddressed) direct mailout to a targeted market area in the city I live, and was wondering if anyone could share sample letters/strategies that they have use in the past to create leads for both "ugly & pretty" houses.

Regards,
Wade Fenner or Tony Peters would be good resources for this.

Yes I would like to add to this question, I received an email from REIN regarding the RLG course and they included an example of the yellow letter however it was addressed to the actual person owning the house in question - I don`t get that, are we then needing to find the property/house owner and address the note to them?
I thought the yellow letter was an ambiguous note targeting a specific area.

I talked to my CPC outlet and they said it would cost 11.5 cents per letter, so $11.50 for 100 or $115.00 for 1000.
I`d like to know what the stats are for replies when sending out 1000 yellow letters.

marcp

Registered
The 3 biggest challenges of direct mailing:

1) Getting the letter there.
2) Getting the letter opened.
3) Getting the letter read.

Getting the letter there is fairly straightforward. Canada Post or messenger service.

An ambiguous letter will NOT get opened. A personally addressed, hand-written envelope has a very good chance of getting opened.

An ambiguous copy (the text in the letter) will not get read. A simple, personal message will get read.

That`s why the response rate for the Yellow Letter is about 25%. Ask David Sandbrand, he`s getting about 25% return calls. Same as Wade.

Cheers,
Marc.

WadeFenner

Inspired Forum Member
Hi Monte,The whole point of the letter letter is it`s personalize ie addressed to a specific person. This is why it gets opened. A cream coloured invitation envelope hand addressed in red ink with a real stamp will get opened way before an envelope with "Homeowner" on the front. And don`t seal the envelope just tuck the flap in, impossible to resist.Sending mail without a name is a shotgun mailout vs direct mail. Sending 1000 letters addressed to specific people is direct mail please be aware of the difference.
If you just want to blast an area for ugly houses I would use a "Fast Cash We Buy Houses" postcard and mention pretty & ugly houses. You`ll get a better response from pretty house owners with the yellow letter mailed to them personally. Get a mail list from a list broker (Google list brokers) of home owners, in the price range or area you want (postal code with specific criteria).

Ugly houses don`t need a mail list just blast the area of your choice. Can post = about 11 or 12 cents as a random flyer. I use Canada Post vs a flyer company even though it cost twice as much because I don`t want my flyer stuck in a bundle with 20 others. A Canada Post flyer goes directly into your mailbox maybe with a few others at the worst.

If you`re going to market in the same area I would use two different phone numbers so the pretty house owners don`t associate you with the cheesy fast cast postcard. Ugly house owners won`t care they just want the heap sold.

Try We are attending the Ron Legrand course in Edmonton in October. We have received some of the initial emails etc, and are planning to implement Ron`s "Yellow Letter"
mailout strategy before we attend the seminar.

I`d like to do a mass (unaddressed) direct mailout
to a targeted market area
in the city I live, and was wondering if anyone could share sample letters/strategies
that they have use in the past to create leads for both "ugly & pretty" houses

Regards,

Top Bottom