Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ron LeGrand Seller Financing Apr 22-24

JimWhitelaw

Registered
Those of you that attended Ron`s Seller Financing event in Calgary recently, do you have any feedback on it? What were the highlights/lowlights? Any significant new ideas?

I got a marketing email from Ron`s org today that stated this:

QUOTE We just taught an event in Canada last week and out of 30 FSBO leads we negotiated six done deals over the phone in class, over $250,000 in free equity for the attendees who took the time to bring leads.

I`m assuming this is the event referred to - can anyone provide some details on these deals? 6/30 deals from leads is incredibly high. Were these generated simply from calling ads? Would love to know more about how these transpired and where they are at now.

JimWhitelaw

Registered
No feedback? There was lots of chat about sharing tickets, surely someone attended the event?

dpeacock

Registered
I was at the event. I thought it was full value. There were probably what looked like 6 ready to go deals presented on stage. No idea if they were succesfully closed or not as the final meetings didn`t take place until after the training, i.e. Sunday, Monday.
If they were closed, and I have no reason to think they wouldn`t have closed, then the amount seems accurate.
They had a few of the "mentors" at the meeting as well, and they seemed like knowledgeable, competent folks.
QUOTE (JimWhitelaw @ May 10 2010, 12:25 PM) No feedback? There was lots of chat about sharing tickets, surely someone attended the event?

fhabib

Registered
It will be great if we got some more feedback from the folks who attended, I am assuming the majority went to the first RLG course as well. Was it good, better or worse thatn teh first course in terms of value.

Curious to know if some of the results of the yellow letters were shared with Ron and his comments on it ..

GaryMcGowan

Registered
QUOTE (fhabib @ May 12 2010, 10:06 AM) It will be great if we got some more feedback from the folks who attended, I am assuming the majority went to the first RLG course as well. Was it good, better or worse thatn teh first course in terms of value.

Curious to know if some of the results of the yellow letters were shared with Ron and his comments on it ..

I was at the event.
In my opinion it was better than avg. It was good to have Seller Financing talked about for the entire three days as opposed to one afternoon. We where able to sit in on the mentors talking to FSBOs and seeing them work the conversation. Some mentors where of course better at it then others. Ron spent a lot of time going over what to offer and when and most importantly how to offer it. The highlight of the weekend was having Barry MacGuire there for the afternoon. He has the Alberta documents down to a "T". Too bad we don`t have a Barry "like" lawyer in Ontario.
In talking to some of the other attendees that have attended the US version. They mentioned this one was much better. He had to leave some US topics out of the course which allowed more time for other things. We got to learn at a slower pace than the Edmonton course. Ron spent a lot time answering questions and creating scenarios where we had to demonstrate our negotiation skills.
Was it worth it? To me yes, I came home with a clear mind on what I wanted and how to make it work. My goal is to create an opportunity to buy with Seller Financing and to sell with Rent To Own. In the time that I have been home we have been able to get our Lawyer on board, work with some sellers who are open to the idea and we have the opportunity to close on a couple of properties. I have taken the knowledge from Ron Legrand and the Canadian element of Tony Peters to provide a win win opportunity(s) for the sellers.

As for the Yellow Letters. Yes Ron still pushes this as the way to go. In my experience I`m having far better results from our website. We do some google and yahoo advertising and we get leads everyday. I took this idea from Jim Whitelaw. Thanks Jim! This to me is a better way to go. When I talk to the sellers we already know what it is we are both looking for as they have read our website.

Hope this helps.

BarryMcGuire

REIN Member
I was only there for part of the session so don`t know how those deals worked out. A number of them that I saw presented from the stage looked like all the elements were there so they certainly had a good chance to work out.
Thanks Gary for those kind words, gives me a boost as I do final preparations for our Deal-Ready Documents Focus Workshop this weekend (May 15)in Calgary. This Workshop is really all about Seller Financing/Quick Turn documents and strategies. If you thought one hour with me was good, eight hours will be fantastic! Nine different, `write the deal` exercises, three special guests with their strategy implementation success stories, 24+ documents on a CD and a small enough group to make sure all your questions get answered. What`s not to like? Still a few spots left. Call the REIN office to register 1-888-824-7346.

Cheers

Barry

R

RussellWestcott

QUOTE (GaryMcGowan @ May 12 2010, 02:22 PM) The highlight of the weekend was having Barry MacGuire there for the afternoon. He has the Alberta documents down to a "T". Too bad we don`t have a Barry "like" lawyer in Ontario.
Hope this helps.

Hey Gary, Barry has started the process of working with a couple of lawyers in Ontario, and the plan is to have a deal ready documents Ontario workshop in the future. I can not speak to Barry`s schedule... but he has started the process... stay tuned for further updates

R

RussellWestcott

Jim, I attended every minute of this event, and perhaps if I get some time this weekend, I can document some of the notes taken from the event.

The figure you quoted does seem in the ball park with the real life deals that were being analyzed at the workshop... I don`t know if the deals have closed but they were real properties in the market, and there were even signed agreements completed at the workshop.

I did have some great conversations with the action takers, and we had some in-depth discussions about posting their results on myREINspace. The 2 themes came from this discussion I had with the Quick-turn action takers.

1) They are WAY too busy creating deals, and working their business, to come on the forum to post the results of their deals. We strongly encourage all REIN™ members to fully participate on the forum, but not everyone does.

2) They do not want to get into an online battle with people questioning `the legitimacy of their business` or questioning their `ethics or morals`... even though the transactions were completed by a willing buyer conducting a purchase from a willing seller.

At the end of the day Quick turn real estate is not for everyone but there are people out there making this work.

I have managed to convince a few of the action takers to participate in a `Interview with and Expert` interview ... provided we can find the time and clear our schedules. Hopefully I can get these done in the next few weeks.

housingrental

Registered
My apologies for contributing to number 2)

JimWhitelaw

Registered
QUOTE (RussellWestcott @ May 13 2010, 09:45 AM) I have managed to convince a few of the action takers to participate in a `Interview with and Expert` interview ... provided we can find the time and clear our schedules. Hopefully I can get these done in the next few weeks.
Thanks Russell, I`m really looking forward to those interviews. I`d like to learn what`s working for people and how they`ve done their deals. Esp curious to know how their leads were initially generated as calling FSPO`s doesn`t seem that productive - that`s why I was asking about the 6/30 success ratio. That`s excellent.

I definitely understand that quick turn not for everyone. Despite the moniker, it`s actually very time consuming. I`ve tried to be as open as I can about my experiences in the hope that it proves helpful for someone else. I can take a little heat on a forum, but I understand why others would be reluctant to open themselves up to that.

manojsingh

Registered
Jim, I appreciate your posts. I learmed a lot from them. I request others also to share their experience with quick turn. We as investor want to explore that option but at this point not sufficient proof that technique is working.

Top Bottom