Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

saskatchewan rein?

albainstar

Registered
is there such a thing/
i am interested in going to sask to invest but dont know where to start my research
any help is appreciated

MonteDobson

Registered
There are a few of REIN members in Regina and Saskatoon (and other SK locations). Before you invest here, make sure you do your homework and be aware that our values have shot up very rapidly over the past 12 months and values have started to plateau and the number of listings is starting to increase.

You will see the market start to slow very shortly (we are starting to see it already) and list prices will start to retreat a bit once new homebuyers start to feel the squeeze when they go to sell their existing homes. Lots of speculation in the market as well.

If you can find something that is priced right and fits the system (ie. long term hold with positive cashflow) then go ahead and buy it, but short term investors will get burned in this market over the next 12-24 months.

If you have any further questions about the SK market, feel free to contact me anytime.

Regards,

albainstar

Registered
thanks
i was wondering that as i dont know about sask very much but quite like the lower prices it offers. those lower prices make it easier to get in the game - but i also dont want to chase the money - i want to invest in properties that stand alone as a good investment regarless of what may or may not happen to the area in terms of a specualtive boom.
I dont want to chase the hopes of recreating a Fort McMurray senario , as nice as it would be to invest in an area that becomes one
style_emoticons

I am still on the see saw of do it alone or JV.
I like the idea of a JV with a company that has experince, as that is worth a lot, but i am still having a disconect to the ration that that is worth. to me capital is king, it takes hard work to make money, and a JV while they bing more to the table than a property manager, I dont see how they bring a 50 percent stand in the equity gains. They are making a nice profit off my money. Yes they bring less risk to the table and make it easier on me as an investor - i dont have to show the unit etc - do they bring enough to the table to get such a big share?

maybe someone can give me thier feelings on it.

Top Bottom