Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Searching for options for good investments!

Yanna

Registered
Hi everyone, I have a few months left in my company before I retire …. and I would like to know about the options that I can consider for my retirement plan. I am taking about some real good investments so that I get my future secured (want it secured for the kids too). I have a few options that I can look up to like REI, mutual funds and stocks…..but need a bit of advice from you to make a better decision.

albainstar

Registered
Depends on what you want
Riskvs return
The more you risk the better retun usually....since you are retiring find a balance
i suggest talking to someone that sells a variety of products- not just hte guy at the bank or investment company that sells you what they offer and are getting bonused for that month

That said If it was me i would do a combo of JV real estate investments with people that have a proven track record, for a good return with little work on your part

then i invest in mortgages - you can buy a mortgage for 7-15 percent return, and get paid monthly or quarterly

annuities are ok too if you want somesort of gauranteee- but i would not put everything into it- or anything - they gairantee you a monthly income based on the money you give upfront - but of course with any gaurantee you get much less return
do your homeowrk and ask questions like you are now

mcgregok

Registered
Difficult question. I retired several years ago. Kept a number of rental properties and floated 2nd motgages for part of my portfolio and the rest a mixture of cash instruments ( interest bearing for safty and opportunities). If you are looking after the rentals and mortgages yourself it can interfer with traveling since you have to post your rents and payments monthly. Also collect NSF checks (mostly on second mortgages. Better to get someone to do the work for you (manager). I do find I do have to keep track on whats going on. Can`t just pack up and forget everthing and go away for 6 months. I also find it is not easy getting quality 2nd mortgages like I use to. it seems everybody has money to lend. Very competitive. I use to ger 12-18%. Now I am lucky to get 7-8% for the same or more risk. As a retirie safty of cash is most important since I can no longer work like I use to. Rentals are good. JV and mortgages I`ll leave to the younger experts (Uless I can get some higher paying mortgages)

Top Bottom