Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Searching Members by Location?

AlisonKeighan

Registered
In the short time that I`ve participating in the forums, I`ve noticed a number of posts by people wanting to know how member members are from their city/town. Any chance that a "searching by location" feature could be added to the Members section of this website?

Personally, I`d love to connect with other members living in the Victoria area. (Perhaps I`ll meet some at this weekend`s QuickStart.)

Alison Keighan
REIN Newbie

mcladonn

Registered
Good idea! I`d like to connect with others from Lethbridge or southern AB.

Donna

QUOTE (alikeighan @ Feb 15 2008, 01:42 PM) In the short time that I`ve participating in the forums, I`ve noticed a number of posts by people wanting to know how member members are from their city/town. Any chance that a "searching by location" feature could be added to the Members section of this website?

Personally, I`d love to connect with other members living in the Victoria area. (Perhaps I`ll meet some at this weekend`s QuickStart.)

Alison Keighan
REIN Newbie

Grant

Registered
Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestion. Normally, these should be sent in a personal message to Ethan or myself, so that we are sure to receive it, but I happened to see it.

I did some searching around the Invision Power forums and managed to find a way to get what you are asking for.

Basically, I added something that you can search for when searching for members.

I assume that you know how to search for members normally (just click on "Members" in the menu at the top of the page).

Under "Location contains", just input the name of the place that you want, and perhaps specify that they must be a REIN member by clicking on the drop-down menu set by default to "All Members".

This will only work if people are putting their locations in their profiles, but many have.

Cheers!

SamEfford

Registered
Good suggestion everyone.

Thank you for the new feature Grant. I am sure it will be put to good use.

Top Bottom