Second mortgage on investment property a good idea?

Stevens978

New Forum Member
Registered
Jul 25, 2016
Hello guys ! I am looking for some advise here. I am going to finish paying for my mortgage within a year from now. I was always good at paying the instalment on time and my credit is good. As I am going to be free from the extra expense of paying up the home mortgage, I was thinking about buying an investment property and while looking, I found a good deal. Now, I am trying to get a mortgage for that property, if it is possible. I am confused, whether I should wait till the mortgage is over or go for it with just a few months remaining on the current mortgage. I have reasonable income and savings to pay for multiple mortgages for a few months, but still not able to make a decision. I will contact my mortgage broker Toronto for more technical help, but would like to get an outside opinion as well. Is it possible? If yes, do you think it is a good idea?

In almost all non-construction cases a second mortgage is not a good idea. Money has to be sub 3% for most deals to make sense these days in a buy-and-hold scenario !

So in case of an equity rich personal residence it either means refi to 75-80% of value at sub 2.4% or an LOC at prime to prime plus 1/2 ie up to 3.2% tops.

Vine Group

Frequent Forum Member
REIN Member
Mar 17, 2016
Hi Stevens,
I encourage you to reach out to Vine Group. We can be reached by email at [email protected] or by calling 1-844-411-Vine. Once we have assessed your goals, we would assemble the appropriate local team to advise you to how best meet your financial needs.
Best Regards,
Vine Group