Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Seeking Assistance on finding good Mortgage Broker

JPSainte

Registered
Good day Real Estate Investors!

I just recently finished reading Don Campbell`s book "Real Estate Investing in Canada 2.0" and am looking for help from more seasoned investors in finding a good mortgage broker that has substantial experience in investment property financing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

JPSainte

REINteam

Registered
Hi JP,

Not sure where you are geographically, but we have a lot of top notch brokers that participate on this forum regularly:

Peter Kinch with Dominion (nation wide)
Rob MacDonald in BC
Kevin Boughen in ON
Jason Scott in AB

Just to name a few and I apologize now to anyone I missed! I`m sure others will chime in. I imagine they can all take care deals in any province, but not 100% sure on that.

Welcome to MRS!

JPSainte

Registered
QUOTE (REINteam @ Aug 12 2010, 11:58 AM) Hi JP,

Not sure where you are geographically, but we have a lot of top notch brokers that participate on this forum regularly:

Rob MacDonald in BC
Kevin Boughen in ON
Jason Scott in AB

Just to name a few and I apologize now to anyone I missed! I`m sure others will chime in.

Welcome to MRS!

Thanks for the welcome! I`m from the east coast and am back and forth between Newfoundland and New Brunswick.

I did some preliminary searches and came across CanEquity and they seem to offer good service. My goal is to minimize the down payment and have longer amortization periods to preserve cash flow.

Do you know if CMHC-Insured Mortgages still make it possible to put down 5% instead of 20%? Maybe the terms have changed given the housing troubles over the past couple of years or so, and I`m curious.

Dominion is nation wide hey? Maybe Ill check out their website.

Thanks for the tips.

JP

MikeMcCrae

Registered
Mortgage brokers can deal in any province but my advise is, deal with one that is in the area where you are. It is best to build a relationship with your broker and make sure they understand your goals. Anybody can put together one deal for you. Knowing what you want to accomplish over time will likely require a different strategy so knowing your mortgage broker is important to future growth.

NeilUttamsingh

Registered
QUOTE (REINteam @ Aug 12 2010, 02:58 PM) Not sure where you are geographically, but we have a lot of top notch brokers that participate on this forum regularly:

Rob MacDonald in BC
Kevin Boughen in ON
Jason Scott in AB

Hi JP,

Kevin Boughen is an excellent mortgage broker.
He gets things done and is extremely knowledgeable.
His e-mail is: [email protected]

Best Regards,
Neil.

Top Bottom