Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shire International Real Estate Investments

Fraser33

Registered
Has anyone heard of this company? I`d like to know if anyone knows of someone who invested with them with good or bad results?
I checked out their website and spoke to one of their reps and it just seems too good of an offer.

Thank you for any replies.

jackiechandc

Registered
QUOTE (Fraser33 @ Aug 13 2008, 12:38 PM) Has anyone heard of this company? I`d like to know if anyone knows of someone who invested with them with good or bad results?
I checked out their website and spoke to one of their reps and it just seems too good of an offer.

Thank you for any replies.

I think you already have your answer when you say that "it just seems too good of an offer". I`ve never dealt with them, but remember the sales guy is out there to sell the product. I highly suggest you talk to people that already dealt with them and take everything you hear with a grain of salt. HTH.
Wei

wealthyboomer

Registered
Investors in marina quay project sue

By Erin DeCoste - Ladysmith Chronicle
Published: November 08, 2010 5:00 PM

Investors in the stalled Chemainus Quay and Marina Development have filed a lawsuit against the bankrupt private investment company that took their money for the project.

Lawyer John Blair of Borden, Ladner, Gervais law firm in Calgary, said the suit was launched at the end of July 2009 against Shire Real Estate International.

“They are seeking damages,” he said. “The investors put $7 million into Shire and have little or nothing to show for it.”

Legal documents obtained by the Chronicle show Shire owes $7.3 million to a large number of unsecured creditors for the Chemainus Quay project. There are approximately 284 names on the list of creditors for the local project. Shire collected the funds for the project.

Shire Real Estate is also under investigation from the Alberta Securities Commission. The commission has issued an interim cease trade order to prohibit the company from trading in any securities or relying on any Alberta security laws or exemptions. Cease trade orders are used to stop investment activity while the commission pursues allegations. Ernst & Young, Shire’s court-ordered receiver, was unable to comment.

Shire had entered into a memorandum of understanding with Chemainus Quay and Marina developers, Steve Thorpe-Doubble and his business partner Terry Petras to raise the capital needed to start construction.

“We had money raised and never received it,” said Thorpe-Doubble.

Thorpe-Doubble said the project developers are still determining where the money went.

According to court documents, Shire sought and obtained protection from creditors Aug. 10, 2009. There were a series of motions heard by the Court of Queen’s Bench Alberta Dec. 2009 and Jan. 2010.

bizaro86

Registered
I looked at the condo documents for a building I had an accepted offer in here in Calgary. A company named Shire owned a different unit, and had been in litigation with other owners and the condo board literally for years. I only had a years worth of documents, and didn`t end up buying into the building (so I gave them back) but it didn`t leave me with warm and fuzzy feelings regarding either Shire or the building.

That`s obviously qualitative, but I thought it might be helpful nonetheless.

Regards,

Michael

Top Bottom