Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

signature

EdRenkema

Registered
OK after a while I figured out how to change my signature, just wanted to add one additional email and when I go to save it says only limited to 500 characters - no go

What?? I see other posters with numerous lines underneath their names, emails, various sites, sayings etc, etc...

How is that possible?

Or are we supposed to 'know' this ...

Any idea why this site is sooo slow to reload pages?

Its agonizing, I rarely use it just because of that!

REINteam

Registered
Hi Ed,

With our members in mind, we are working to improve all aspects of the website on a daily basis. We have been testing some features as the length and size of signatures has posed an issue with some of our users, and we were testing a 500 character limit on signatures over the past week.

We will be updating the software that the website runs on within the next few weeks, and at that time, we will address the size of signatures for all users. We have gone back to the default setting for signatures following your message here, so you should be able to add that extra e-mail address.

We are fully aware of the issue with site speed and this has been our main concern since the launch of the new forum. We are testing the website to be hosted on a new server which will fix the speed issue entirely. This is in progress as we speak and should be completed by next week.

If you have any other questions, suggestions, or feedback, please post them here and I'll be glad to address them as quickly as possible.

EdRenkema

Registered
[quote user=MadisonNorton]If you have any other questions, suggestions, or feedback, please post them here and I'll be glad to address them as quickly as possible.

Thanks for the update!

JimWhitelaw

Registered
I think the signatures allow for images to be included, so you could "cheat" the limit by creating an image containing all the text you want, then just include that in your sig.

That said, there is an option under settings to turn off signatures, which will suppress the display of everyone's sigs. Cleans up and compacts the threads a bit.

Unfortunately, the response time on requests is still agonizingly slow as you say. Hope the server upgrades fix it.

GaryMcGowan

Registered
I'm not able to have any hyper link text in my signature.. Every time I try I get the 500 character error.

Please correct this issue.

Top Bottom