Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Soliciting homeowners to sell there homes.

DenisEncontre

Registered
I'm currently trying to purchase some infill lots in the Winnipeg area and have found a few that have homes on them. The homes are in very rough shape and are ready to be torn down but they still have people living in them. I was wondering what is the best strategy in approaching the home owner to ask if he is interested in selling?

Should I Offer them a set amount ie. $150,000?

Should I send them a letter that I am interested in purchasing there place?

I'm not sure what is the best 1st step to take, what would be your strategy?

invst4profit

Registered
If they are in really rough shape my strategy would be to file a complaint with the local Building inspector.

Building inspectors do not initiate inspections they are driven by complaints.

If the homes are in rough shape most likely they will have multiple building code and safety violations. The home

owners will likely not have the resources to comply with violations and may be forced to sell.

All you have to do then is time your approach.

Aaron Moore

REIN Member
I think there are many answers to your question. I mean... many ways to ask someone if they want to sell.

Some combination of knocking on the door, calling, or sending a letter should do it.

Your approach will differ if there are only a few specific properties you are interested in, or a general area you're interested in buying in.

If you've got your eye on specific properties, then you probably want to figure out if the owner lives there or if it's a tenant.

Just do one or all of door knocking, calling, or sending letters until you get responses.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Do a title search. Phone them or send a letter, or five as the first one might not get answered.

Top Bottom