Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Squamish Market

Toly8182

New Forum Member
REIN Member
Hi REIN members,

I'm new to the network and currently doing a trial to see what REIN is all about.

I'm considering investing in Squamish but can't find much information on that market other than bunch of articles online praising that market.

Any investors who have invested in that market or considering doing so? Would love to hear your thoughts, ideas and feedback.

Thank you

E

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
Hi Toly

The Squamish market has a slew of single family options including condo, TH, and SFH but lacks any multi family product

Squamish is a secondary market you will see higher highs and lower lows (fluctuation) than Vancouver

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Squamish is a bedroom community to Whistler and Vancouver. Deserted / dead downtown with lots of empty commercial or ready to develop lots but decent house and condo appreciation if you time it well.

Newly announced ski hill that may or may not go ahead.

http://www.bcbusiness.ca/tourism-cu...llar-ski-resort-that-the-industry-doesnt-want

Scenic. Light and shadow are close together from an investment and physical point of view.

Last edited:

Developer

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
I think Squamish is a good place to live and invest. Close to Vancouver, strong growth and low vacancy rate.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
LNG, wood fiber plant, new water park, new housing projects and new ski area ... and cheaper than Vancouver or Whistler

https://www.biv.com/article/2016/4/major-projects-set-transform-squamish/

BC today is what AB used to be: the place to invest with a pro-growth government in a fiscally responsible and low tax manner. My new money is going into various BC projects right now. AB is the only province left in Canada with an NDP government as the MB election finishes tonight and they get turfed there big time. Revisit AB in 2019. Until then, many towns on BC are great places to invest such as Squamish, Lower Mainland, Okanagon, Nanaimo or others too numerous to mention.

Last edited:
Top Bottom