Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Staging

grantala

Registered
Hello,

Have any of you used a professional staging company when selling a property? Pros? Cons?

Thanks!

JeffSmith

Registered
QUOTE (grantala @ Mar 19 2008, 08:26 PM) Hello,

Have any of you used a professional staging company when selling a property? Pros? Cons?

Thanks!

I had a qoute done for a vacant house and found it to be quite expensive. $2400 for 1 month included 2 living rooms, 2 bathrooms, breakfast nook, dining room, 1 bedroom and ensuite. $1100 monthly therafter.

grantala

Registered
QUOTE (JeffSmith @ Mar 26 2008, 07:46 PM) I had a qoute done for a vacant house and found it to be quite expensive. $2400 for 1 month included 2 living rooms, 2 bathrooms, breakfast nook, dining room, 1 bedroom and ensuite. $1100 monthly therafter.

I imagine that price isn`t very far off the mark - I was told that you can expect staging to cost about the same as a first price reduction.. ie: 5 or 10 thousand. I have to wonder however if it would be a great selling tool. Walking into properties with my emotions removed, I still find that the smell and initial look of a property affects the intial `gut` feeling. I can only imagine what feeling a person gets when they are emotionally involved in the process...

MikeSunley

Registered
I only have a few `ballpark` quotes on staging but your numbers sound about right.

For my rentals I now just have a couple of boxes with simple staging items and no furniture... candles, fresh towels, door mats, silk plants/flowers. It won`t create the same impact as a fully staged house but the items take away some of the starkness and soften the look substantially while attracting eyeballs away from small flaws. I didn`t spend more than $100 on the kit but I get positive comments from people who come to look at my vacant suites [some tenants try to negotiate for me to leave them... no sale
style_emoticons
]

Without knowing what your needs are, perhaps something simple like this would help a little? If you`re selling a million dollar house you might have to open up the cheque book and do it all the way.

ccameron

Registered
I have had a couple of quotes on staging one of my vacant houses for sale. I found the prices a little on the high side, in particular when you are `renting` the furniture on a monthly basis. Who knows how long the house may take to sell and who can afford those carring costs? Regards Chris
style_emoticons

Top Bottom