Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

strong urine smell

charmer56

Registered
I would appreciate any input. I am closing on a home in a few days and have had access to the home as the owners left me a key. The house reeks of urine they had a dog and cat. Think it was the dog not sure. Is this something i can bring up as i haven`t closed yet or am i stuck. Every time i went over while looking at the house all i could smell was Mr. Clean which is overpowering and did not detect the urine. Also anything i can do to get the smell out. I have read the other links but were not that helpful. Thank you in advance.

BrianMcGuckian

Registered
QUOTE (charmer56 @ May 30 2008, 03:03 PM) I would appreciate any input. I am closing on a home in a few days and have had access to the home as the owners left me a key. The house reeks of urine they had a dog and cat. Think it was the dog not sure. Is this something i can bring up as i haven`t closed yet or am i stuck. Every time i went over while looking at the house all i could smell was Mr. Clean which is overpowering and did not detect the urine. Also anything i can do to get the smell out. I have read the other links but were not that helpful. Thank you in advance.
I have an air purifier made by Ecoquest in the states that also produces small amounts of ozone. It will definately do the job. Little pricy though...should be around$300-$400 but you can keep it for your own house once you`ve sorted out the pee smell. It will purify a home up to 3000sf. I`ve done tests with it using gasoline/amonia etc and it removes the smell from a paper towel in less than 1 minute! The unit I have is called the L16
Good Luck!

DaveRhydderch

Registered
QUOTE (charmer56 @ May 30 2008, 10:03 AM) I would appreciate any input. I am closing on a home in a few days and have had access to the home as the owners left me a key. The house reeks of urine they had a dog and cat. Think it was the dog not sure. Is this something i can bring up as i haven`t closed yet or am i stuck. Every time i went over while looking at the house all i could smell was Mr. Clean which is overpowering and did not detect the urine. Also anything i can do to get the smell out. I have read the other links but were not that helpful. Thank you in advance.

It could be very costly to remove that smell. This is something you should defintely talk to your lawyer about.

brentdavies

Registered
Hi,

In apartment suites where the cat has left his mark, we are forced to replace the carpet, underlay, and then seal the subfloor, with a oil based paint on the plywood.

Works on concrete also. but beware of condo built after 1975 when they started to use fillcrete for soundproofing. THe base may not be in good shape and hard to seal.

Good Luck

Brent

Top Bottom