Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Student housing in st. catherines

housingrental

Registered
Hi,

I had talked for awhile with someone from this boards apx. 1 year ago who owns a bunch of student properties in St. Catherines - I`d like to get in contact with them again but can`t remember his name - If you are him please email me

Also - If there`s anyone who owns / manages / sells student housing in St. Catherines I`d like to speak to you - email me please - I have a client who`s looking to pickup a few places there I`d like to help him connect with someone with local expertise.

Thanks

Mike Milovick

Registered
Adam;

Why would they want to purchase there? Are the buyers aware of the ramifications of rental licensing program (and believe me, its coming there as well) on "unrecognized" student property?

Could be a bit of a "cash flow" downer...

Mike

QUOTE (housingrental @ Jun 24 2009, 05:08 PM)
Hi,

I had talked for awhile with someone from this boards apx. 1 year ago who owns a bunch of student properties in St. Catherines - I'd like to get in contact with them again but can't remember his name - If you are him please email me
<

Also - If there's anyone who owns / manages / sells student housing in St. Catherines I'd like to speak to you - email me please - I have a client who's looking to pickup a few places there I'd like to help him connect with someone with local expertise.

Thanks

LukasWywrot

REIN Member
I agree with Mike but for different reasons.

Hamilton is right next door with better rents and a much looser bylaws.

Mike Milovick

Registered
I hate to be a bit of a downer, but I have to think Rental Licensing will be coming to Hamilton as well. Think of all those unrecognized six and seven bedroom houses - and the requirement to have rental license - and to reduce occupancy to three students.

QUOTE (wywrot @ Jun 24 2009, 05:41 PM)
I agree with Mike but for different reasons.

Hamilton is right next door with better rents and a much looser bylaws.

housingrental

Registered
I agree. Waterloo represents much better value and a more stable business. He is looking to buy more places in Waterloo also but has seen a few vacant places for sale that he can do some work to and possibly add value to if his rent assumptions are correct (which they might not be). Hoping to get him contact with some people that can get him the info he needs on St. Catherines.

BrianPulis

Registered
I have a couple of Student properties in St Catherines currently that I have had for 7 years. I would be happy to assist you if I can. Also my properties are currently Managed by Adrian Kulakowsky of Rental 101. he is also a Realtor. I`m sure he could be very helpful as well. His email address is [email protected]

dchead

Registered
QUOTE (MikeMilovick @ Jun 24 2009, 05:45 PM)
I hate to be a bit of a downer, but I have to think Rental Licensing will be coming to Hamilton as well. Think of all those unrecognized six and seven bedroom houses - and the requirement to have rental license - and to reduce occupancy to three students.

Mike, do you where I could find out more information about this Rental Licensing in St. Catherines? Thanks.

Mike Milovick

Registered
QUOTE (dchead @ Jun 25 2009, 10:54 PM) Mike, do you where I could find out more information about this Rental Licensing in St. Catherines? Thanks.

Nothing on my radar screen right now. Waterloo is looking at The Municipal Act and the "new tools" afforded to The City under this legislation. Our landlords are opposing this tenant tax. It also amounts to duplication and elimination of affordable housing.

Hop on to St. Catherine`s City website a look for Rental Licensing as a discussion topic at council meeting....my understanding is that there has been a lot of upheaval in St. Catherine`s and Thorold(?) regarding student housing. Look for The City to attempt control students through by adopting this legislation.

CColbeck

Registered
Any new developments on the student housing Rental Licensing in Hamilton? I'm a bit worried about them restricting homes to 3 students...

Chris

jonathanb

Registered
Hey Chris,

Nothing comes up by way of a google search for me. Maybe try calling the city.

I think eventually, everywhere will have some sort of licensing and limitations. Restrictions seems to be the way things are headed in this society. Do you own student housing in Hamilton?

jon

Top Bottom