Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Suggestion for Board - Division of Areas/Provinces

ShannonMurree

REIN Member
HI!

Many times love to participate. Sometimes people post and as you know, Provincially things are different and therefore our response has to be customized to that. Is it possible technically to have one section "Alberta/West Coast" and/or "Ontario/East Coast? Or something to that effect? Just curious and trying to simplify things for efficiency sake.

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
Much wisdom can be extrapolated from experience and insights from other provinces. However time can be wasted sifting through more technical questions that relate only to one province (because many posters don't indicate region in their title or in the post).

I would like to see a required field for each post that has the poster select the province from a drop down menu. If the question relates to a property owned in Alberta by an Ontario-based investor, she would select AB. If that same investor wanted a referral for a local financial planner, she would choose ON.

One of the choices could be "General" and/or one could be "Canada" for posts that could be of interest to everyone.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
I think people ought to indicate that in their post. No change required in my opinion.

Matt Crowley

REIN Member
[quote user=ThomasBeyer]I think people ought to indicate that in their post. No change required in my opinion.

I agree. Plus it's a bonus to learn about the differences between provinces (and it makes me appreciate how lucky I am to live and invest in Alberta haha)

aorozco

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
I agree with Thomas and Matt. I think it brings more to the table if we just develop the habit of telling everyone what province is the post about so everyone benefits from it.

Cheers,

AndrÃs

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
It would be lovely if people put the province in the post title, or the post itself, or even on their profile, but the fact is that most people don't.

Think about how many times you have had to ask a poster "What province is this?" before you could even begin to address the question.

Top Bottom