Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Surrey votes to allow secondary suites city-wide

greg12

Registered
From Don Campbell`s Tweet:

QUOTE City of #Surrey BC shows leadership once again on housing. Secondary suites allowed in all homes. http://bit.ly/bRuoSg No wonder #1 Inv City

Best news of the day! I can swear there is a REIN member sitting somewhere in the Mayor`s office. But this is hardly surprising given that Surrey is one of the most forward looking jurisdictions in Canada. Now I can stop worrying about neighbors telling the city to shut down basement suites.

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
That is good news.

With rising occupancy rates and populations, I think we can expect more cities to follow this model.

RobMacdonald

Registered
This certianly should make it easier to use the suite income to qualify mortgage applicants. I`m assuming there will be a process to go through to make the suite `legal`, but at least it`s going to be allowed.

REINteam

Registered
This is great news overall for Surrey and for REIN members and investors from all over the country.

If you look at how much progress Surrey has made in a short period of time (roughly 5 years or so), one can only make a point of looking to put some of their investment efforts into this suburb of Vancouver. And as the mayor and development officers of Surrey look forward, it is not going to be looked at as a suburb much longer. I think we can expect to see Surrey on the map as a metropolis just as Vancouver within a decade. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few years.

TheVancouverLife

Registered
QUOTE (MadisonNorton @ Jul 28 2010, 09:31 AM) This is great news overall for Surrey and for REIN members and investors from all over the country.

If you look at how much progress Surrey has made in a short period of time (roughly 5 years or so), one can only make a point of looking to put some of their investment efforts into this suburb of Vancouver. And as the mayor and development officers of Surrey look forward, it is not going to be looked at as a suburb much longer. I think we can expect to see Surrey on the map as a metropolis just as Vancouver within a decade. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few years.

Yes Surrey BC is only getting bigger and better.

It`s relatively close to Vancouver and the twinning of the Port Mann bridge will only make Surrey that much closer.

Surrey has pockets of high end homes and affordable homes. Some neighborhoods need some TLC like Whalley.

They have announced a new city hall for this area which should put it on the map and raise values in the coming years.

Top Bottom