Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tenant Placement Company - Edmonton

wgraham

REIN Member
Hello all,

As my current property manager doesn`t seem to be actively managing my property it is time for a switch up. I am looking for a tenant placement company to help with a vacancy and not the day to day management (unless someone has a PM that they would recommend 8 days of the week....but that doesn`t seem to exist)

Thanks in advance!

Wade

creditinfocanada

Registered
A La Carte Property Management is someone who I have worked with and a very good.

You can contact them (780) 443-1161 and ask for Jarod Hope or Erin maybe able to help you.

Chris Bradnam
Credit Info Canada

darcy

REIN Member
Avoid Libertas at all costs, they dropped all there clients in Calgary recently due to poor managment in the Calgary branch.

TylerUzelman

REIN Member
Darcy,
I`m sorry you had a negative experience with Libertas in Calgary. I can assure you that the Edmonton operation runs a lot smoother. With that said, Libertas closed the doors in Calgary to be able to focus on the Realty side of their business in Edmonton. They did not want to have too many irons in the fire and choose to focus their efforts on that expansion of their business rather than the Calgary expansion. If there is anything I can do to assist/remedy your experience with the company, please email me. Talk to you soon,

QUOTE (darcy @ May 26 2010, 03:12 AM) Avoid Libertas at all costs, they dropped all there clients in Calgary recently due to poor managment in the Calgary branch.

J

jhoper

Wade,

A La Carte Property Services is now doing tenant placement. If this is still something you are looking for please give me at call. I would be happy to discuss this with you.

bizaro86

Registered
QUOTE (jhoper @ Jun 10 2010, 03:51 PM) A La Carte Property Services is now doing tenant placement. If this is still something you are looking for please give me at call. I would be happy to discuss this with you.

What range of rates do you typically charge for this service? Does it vary by property type?

Thanks!

Michael

PropertySolution

Registered
QUOTE (wgraham @ May 4 2010, 04:12 PM) Hello all,

As my current property manager doesn`t seem to be actively managing my property it is time for a switch up. I am looking for a tenant placement company to help with a vacancy and not the day to day management (unless someone has a PM that they would recommend 8 days of the week....but that doesn`t seem to exist)

Thanks in advance!

Wade

Hi Wade,

I just did some restructuring to Property Solution`s placement fees and service. Give me a call at 780-667-RENT if you are still looking for someone in Edmonton.

Bernie

JohnBJones

Registered
QUOTE (wgraham @ May 4 2010, 04:12 PM) Hello all,

Thanks in advance!

Wade

Wade,

My business partner and I have been with Libertas for a couple of years now, and have received pretty reliable and consistent service from them. Have there been some little hiccups here and there - of course, but show me ANY company that doesn`t. But whenever there has been an issue, they have been quick to deal with it when it is brought to their attention.

The biggest reason we went with, and continue to use, Libertas is quite simply "they get it." Long before they entered into the property management business, they were investors - and very successful investors at that. Through their experience, they came to realize what was needed and what was missing in property management for investors. What better a foundation for starting an investor-centric property management business than being an investor.

One thing that truly impressed us with Libertas was how they began operations. Instead of doing an initial company formation, and immediately start taking on all the business they could, they spent considerable time and expense to put their company, team and systems in place. In other words they were proactive in preparing for business rather than reactive. How often do you hear about companies starting up, and then scrambling like lunatics to keep up with the business as it starts coming in? This shows a business intelligence not seen too often anywhere.

To be honest, I didn`t hear about the Calgary operations closing, but wouldn`t you say that shows some integrity in shutting down an operation if it isn`t delivering the quality of service expected of them, and that they would want to provide? They could easily enough kept floundering along, taking fees for the sake of making a buck. It takes some kahunas to admit it isn`t working and cease operations.

Considering the terrible experiences we had when we first starting investing in real estate, I have absolutely no problem in recommending Libertas. But then we are a little different from many, and I dare-say most, real estate investors - we will actually work with our property managers and not expect them to jump through hoops and wave a magic wand. I have heard so many horror stories about investors constantly ragging on PM`s about everything, as if they are the only investors the PM deals with. And these investors are REIN members or at least ACRE grads. Funny how quick the concept of win/win/win flies out the window when issues arise - particularily with property management as we have been discussing here.

Whoever you decide to go with, please treat your property management company with respect and dignity. We give that to Libertas, and we get that from Libertas.

Cheers!
John B. Jones
REIN Silver Member
JonesHartwick Properties

LeighF

Registered
I agree with John B. Jones statement. I have been with Libertas for approximately 3 years now and am quite satisfied.

TeresaHarder

Registered
Wade - We have been working with a la carte property services in Edmonton. They are unique as they allow us to have more control and involvement in our properities. They provide us with the option of choosing what we want them to do and what we will continue to do ourselves.
Definitely worth checking into!

Teresa Harder

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
Wade, I have also been using A La Carte for the past 7 or 8 months, and am very pleased with the service I have been getting. In addition to the tenant placement, Jared also gives incredibly good advice when it comes to the management of the property. The office staff is always friendly and helpful.

They have my recommendation.

wgraham

REIN Member
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the recommendations. Libertas had this suite vacant for 4 months telling me that the price was too high after I told them that they could set the rate to what ever they wanted to get it rented.

My new PM got the unit filled in 15 days at top market rent. If things work out after 6 months I will be happy to let you all know who I have moved my portfolio to but so far so good!

Sometimes you just have to shake the sugar tree!

Happy investing,

schierau1

REIN Member
QUOTE (wgraham @ Jul 22 2010, 03:52 PM) Hi everyone,

Thanks for the recommendations. Libertas had this suite vacant for 4 months telling me that the price was too high after I told them that they could set the rate to what ever they wanted to get it rented.

My new PM got the unit filled in 15 days at top market rent. If things work out after 6 months I will be happy to let you all know who I have moved my portfolio to but so far so good!

Sometimes you just have to shake the sugar tree!

Happy investing,

My previous property manager also told me to lower rents on a unit that was vacant for 3 months... I suggested to them that they need to follow the REIN principles and differentiate rather than drop rents... I dropped them and hired A La Carte who rented my unit in 7 days for $100 more!

Top Bottom