Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tenant screening

terri

Registered
QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Aug 25 2009, 07:44 AM) I think the term gut instincts is being overused - what contributes to your gut instinct?

I don`t exactly know what contributes to my gut instinct.
And, of course, everything else has to fall into place as well, the employment reference, landlord reference, how prompt they are returning their application, etc.
And perhaps I could have rented the apt to any one of the other applicants and been completely happy with them too....

But...for almost every apt, I think I`ve found the exact right person for it. During the showing I watch and listen and talk to them about their life and their interests. I try and imagine if they would be happy living there for a while and if they would be respectful and get along with the other tenants in the building. I have not rented apts to people if I thought that the space did not suit them even if on paper they were excellent tenants. I want my tenants to love their home and really enjoy living there.

I can`t really explain it, the whole gut feeling thing, I just know when I`ve met "the one".

T.

Top Bottom