Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Terms and Conditions of Sale

az9

Registered
Where can I find a comprehensive and creative list of Terms and Conditions? As a neophite in this industry I want to make sure that I have covered all the potential bases when making an offer.

Grant

Registered
Have you tried the Critical Forms section, particularly the legal section?

If you can`t find anything that looks like what you`re looking for, I suggest you email the REIN office at [email protected] or phone 1-888-824-7346 and discuss it. We may not have that exact form, but we may have something like it available elsewhere.

You could also try posting a question in the Members-Only section if there`s a real estate-related question that you have.

invst4profit

Registered
Touch base with your agent and lawyer as well. They probably have many
years of experience and have seen it all.

amantei

Registered
It`s not just a matter of having a list of terms and conditions (Although that would be helpfull) it is also imprtant to know the effects and protections they afford you when making an offer. I often see offers with terms that should have been conditions and the other way around. Remember a condition can kill the deal if it`s not satisfied (with you getting your deposit back) and a term is an action the other party is asked complete as part of the contract.(ie to finish installing the windows in a manor consistant with current building codes and practices).... With terms it is advisable to be as specific as possible and to state an amount of money your lawyer can hold back to ensure the term has been satisfied upon possesion day. Otherwise you will find yourself either suing or licking your wounds if and when they don`t comply.
Good Luck......If you have a realtor they have booklets with commonly used terms and conditions. Good starting point but they don`t have all the "investor" friendly ones that I`m sure REIN can provide you with.
And lastly chat with a lawyer about some of the clauses to get their input. It would be well worth the investment if you don`t know anyone personally. Some realtors understand the investment side of the business so seek out someone at a REIN meeting and chat over lunch. Every interaction can provide you with valuable insights.

Top Bottom