Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Thank You for taking the time to read my Post

VanessaKirschner

REIN Member
Hello REIN members,

Hope all is FANTASTIC!

I wanted to
introduce myself. I am a born and raised Calgarian, mother of a very
cute 2.5 year old boy name Samuel and I am a 10 year Westjetter who has
been investing in real estate since 2003. It was my husband who got me
started.

My very first property was an Agreement for Sale on a 4
bedroom house that my then boyfriend and I turned into a 7 bedroom
rooming house. Thank you Carleton Sheets for the cashflow but major
maintenance! We let that property go in 2004 (stupid) and I got my
mother to co-sign with me my first principal residence in the beautiful
north Okanagan. In 2007, this property allowed us to buy an
over-priced home and move back to Calgary and a year later buy another rental
property. We attended an ACRE in Vancouver at the beginning of that year
and it wasn't till the following year we joined REIN.

Unfortunately after the membership expired, we were not in the right mind frame to see that we needed to continue and stick it out. My property in the Okanangan was performing badly, value and rent had majorly dropped but we realized we at least had it good with our other rental property in Calgary as it was performing good, it was still cashflowing.

Thank you to Westjet, as an Owner I finally realized that I should invest my stocks in real estate and I actually bought in Forest Lawn! Cashflow is king! I took all what I learned from REIN and I am making it happen again cause soon after we closed on our very first joint venture! 2011 was a great year as we welcome our first child, Samuel Everett Kirschner. Cant wait for you all to meet him. He has made me realize that I need to get back to my Personal Belize and get myself out there again. Another motivator is unfortunately the not so good relationship that I have with my husband. I may be alone in this journey and I will have to start looking after not only my son, but MYSELF.

Thank you REIN and all the members who have shared and reached out.

I am hoping that I can ask anyone of you to mentor or assist in any way to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me reach my Personal Belize. I am open to any opportunity as I would do the same as that is my PASSION to teach. I would be honored and grateful.

ShannonMurree

REIN Member
Hey Vanessa!

I'm glad I clicked on this post. The title wasn't clear on what your goals were and sorry to see there aren't any responses.

As a women, wife, mother, business owner and investor myself - it can definitely be tough. I would say that the best thing you did was reach out. Try networking and looking at other valuable resources connected with other women who can share in the challenges you have. Make sure to see those who are walking the walk and talking the talk. Align yourself with others who share the same beliefs in wanting to be able to support themselves, family - whether single moms or not - it is truly about Financial Independence.

We all need to be here to support each other and lift each other up. The best thing is to keep going and don't give up on your goals. Continue to read and educate yourself. I see that you are a REIN member and strongly suggest you get yourself to workshops and join reputable networking groups. Do not join groups where you have to "pool your money" and guard yourself from losing money/fraud.

Top Bottom